Alberto: We should return to absolute quarantine

antipodean

Registered
https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...y-deberiamos-volver-a-la-cuarentena-absoluta/

Alberto Fernández, on the coronavirus: "The contagion rate is at its highest and we should return to absolute quarantine"
Although the head of state ruled out returning to phase 1 of compulsory social isolation for now, he was concerned about the increase in registered cases. He criticized the runners' overflow in the City of Buenos Aires and confirmed that they will continue to negotiate with creditors to reach an agreement on the debt.

President Alberto Fernández recognized this morning that the rate of contagion of the coronavirus "is the highest" since the disease reached Argentina. "So we should be in phase 1, which is absolute quarantine" he estimated. However, he suggested that this decision will not be adopted for now because there are many sectors that have legitimate anxieties and ask to end confinement. " That multiplies the risk, " said the head of state in a report given to Radio 10.

"Think that the City of Buenos Aires has as many cases as the province of Buenos Aires, with the difference that the province of Buenos Aires has three times as many inhabitants. That is a guideline of what is happening to us. Porteños believe that this was confined to the most humble neighborhoods and this is not the case. 70% of the virus is circulating in Caballito, in Palermo, in Recoleta"He added.

Watch this space.

The lies (or incompetence) of this man contradict his own ministry of health data: As of 10JUN at 10:40 the government is reporting that Palermo has 115 cases. Recoleta has 94 cases. Caballito has 69 cases. Meanwhile, 1962 in Retiro and 1504 in Flores. How does this add up to 70%?

The trademarks of an inept and career politician surface with a cheap shot at the opposition and fear-mongering in regards to the runners. The numbers we have been seeing for the last weeks are a reflection of 10-15 days prior - which themselves reflect the past months where absolute quarantine proved to achieve very little over time. Look at us now with the world's longest and strictest continuous lockdowns with a continuous increase in deaths and infection surpassing many countries who also took early measures.

Seems to me that the inner facist tendencies to keep people under strict control are coming to the surface, especially after the anti-expropriation protests yesterday.

Last edited:
It's a scary time.. The people need to stand up to this idiot and all the muppets behind him including Cristina. He could not organise a decent asado. I can guarantee the numbers are WAY higher than what is being reported - the fact is public hospitals are in a state of shit so Alberto panicked and locked everyone inside for months while he flew planes to China every day to get medical gowns and masks lol...

I don't think they have the money or ability to purchase good quality ventilator machines. This virus is not going away - the curve has not been flattened even though Argentina has had the longest and strictest lockdowns IN THE WORLD. Alberto needs to make it clear that old people and those who are sick with underlying health conditions stay inside if they are scared of the virus. Those who are obese should also stay inside and look after themselves. The rest of the population including businesses should continue to operate with normal controls - ESPECIALLY those who are outside of Buenos Aires. Going for a run and getting some vitamin D should be encouraged - it's called looking after your health and one of the most important factors to fighting a virus like this.

Whats-App-Image-2020-06-10-at-10-22-32.jpg

It gets scarier when you see Berni, the security minister of Axel Kicillof and the Province of Buenos Aires packing heat last night. "Civilian government"? Who is going to stand up to a government whose ministers carry around machine guns ...

What the government says is one thing, what the people do another. When the quarantine began, the streets were empty, but I have seen traffic increasing week after week whenever I went to the supermarket. Yesterday, except for the face masks, I did not notice there was a quarantine in the street, some people were even walking next to each other. I am living 2 blocks away from the presidential palace.

What the government says is one thing, what the people do another. When the quarantine began, the streets were empty, but I have seen traffic increasing week after week whenever I went to the supermarket. Yesterday, except for the face masks, I did not notice there was a quarantine in the street, some people were even walking next to each other. I am living 2 blocks away from the presidential palace.
I do agree with that. I have seen a lot of questionable or even reckless behaviour over the months and do not condone it. However I see it now as a wake up call for the government. Argentines will find a way around any rule, so a focus on testing and contact tracing may be more effective. We have seen this approach in many other countries where personal liberties were not so severely restricted during their quarantine and social distancing phases yet they still managed to control the spread in a shorter time.

The people of La Plata have been very compliant, following all the rules, willingly up to this point.
After 3 months of lockdown, wearing masks, only going out to doctors or for food, roads to other towns closed, stores and restaurants and offices closed, constant spraying and contact tracing, etc here's what we have.
And we have not had any protests or groups in the streets.
Just colder weather setting in.

Annotation 2020-06-10 140725.jpg

They have already managed to subdue most of the province of BA thru fear mongering and/or handouts. Now it's their intent to bring CABA to our knees.
Let's keep in mind that one of Cristina and Kiciloff's main goals is to bring down Larreta, rightly perceived as a threat.

I don't even mention Alberto, as he's been proved to be just their office boy. And a useful idiot.

Let's see if i get this right, the gov forbids you from circulating freely due to the virus, you can't work, you eat your savings if you had any, meantime the gov assists those in need that have no savings, thus creating a larger number of people needing financial help, then and always under the watchful eye of the gov they allow you to go running but at the same time they knew we are damn close to the peak of the infections, so now they are thinking going back to complete lock down, but fear not, the gov acting in the best interest of the people will expropriate a major grain exporter and other food stuff to ensure ''soberania'' in that particular market, i must say, we are so lucky to have such a brilliant and caring gov, never mind the head of the ministry of ''security'' carrying a sub machinegun , after all they are looking out for our safety and well being.
You just don't understand how much this gov loves you! lol the sad part of it , is that people actually buy this load of crap and defend it

Back