Alicia Castro's Letter To The Guardian

Gringoboy

Registered
A paragraph from her letter:

'This modern-day story possesses all the ingredients of a typical 19th-century colonial saga: violence, racial discrimination, double standards, arrogance, manipulation, cynicism and deception.'

Pot calling the kettle black?

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/153510/britains-new-governor-of-the-falkland-islands-is-a-provocation

When she says such things, perhaps Ms. Castro should address the mirror.

There was a seven minute period during my first year here where the Malvinas subject was interesting for me. All down hill from there.

You should spend a week or more there. It's an interesting place.

I'm sure I would enjoy a visit, but i can't be bothered to care about which inept country should get to hoist its flag above them.

"You did bad things to those Chagossians in the late 60s, we know you tried to do the same to the Falklanders back then too and the islands would probably have changed hands or status if those talks had continued but then the nasty evil dictatorship invaded!

We have nothing to do with that. It certainly was not a popular idea and no one celebrated outside Casa Rosada when we invaded.

Please promptly do the same to the Falklanders as you did to the Chagossians even though that was a bad thing to do but do it anyway.

Thanks bye!"

I admit that trotting out the Falklands issue by this regime is inevitable and brings with it waves of ennui; but I also believe that blatant hypocrisy should be called out for what it is.

"You did bad things to those Chagossians in the late 60s, we know you tried to do the same to the Falklanders back then too and the islands would probably have changed hands or status if those talks had continued but then the nasty evil dictatorship invaded!

We have nothing to do with that. It certainly was not a popular idea and no one celebrated outside Casa Rosada when we invaded.

Please promptly do the same to the Falklanders as you did to the Chagossians even though that was a bad thing to do but do it anyway.

Thanks bye!"

To Ms. Castro, the second wrong would make a right.

I propose a deal: the Brits give back the Falklands, and Argentina gives back the Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Araucan%C3%ADa_and_Patagonia ). The Prince of Araucania recently passed away in France, I wonder who will be the succesor.

Back