Amazon.com books shipped

vanessa

Registered
So a long time ago (4 years or so) you had to go to the Retiro post office to get amazon packages. Lately I have ordered books to a friend's house in the US and have had them mail them directly to me.

I want to cut out the middle man. Will amazon.com packages containing only books arrive at my door and not Retiro?

It depends on the amount of your purchase and the size of the package. Good luck!

Yeah, this month I received 1 pack and am waiting for a second, it should arrive by the end of month. Straight to my door. It werent 40 and 38USD each

Oh cool. I want to order like 4 books. I have an ebook reader but some books are just better on paper. Perhaps I should order them in separate packages?

I think that with Argentinian Aduana is just a matter of luck. I have heard lots of people who ordered books and still had to go to Correo Central on Retiro, and some that got them at their home.
As I understand it also has to do with the Postal Service you choose on shipping, but cannot add further information on this.

Well I ordered 4. I hope I luck out. If not I will bring a good book at least to Retiro. =D

Just got a surprise... Correo Argentina ringing my bell with a package... it was an Amazon order for 4 books that I kid you not, I ordered at the beginning of NOVEMBER. I had wanted to try the don't pay for the express shipping option... they were supposed to get here by December 8th... the package itself is stamped as having left amazon November 2nd.

So they did arrive, just almost 4 months later, instead of 4 weeks!

syngirl said:
Just got a surprise... Correo Argentina ringing my bell with a package... it was an Amazon order for 4 books that I kid you not, I ordered at the beginning of NOVEMBER. I had wanted to try the don't pay for the express shipping option... they were supposed to get here by December 8th... the package itself is stamped as having left amazon November 2nd.

So they did arrive, just almost 4 months later, instead of 4 weeks!

I've had thing arrive from the uk in a week (paid a fortune for it to arrive rapidly) to being 1-2 months late. (normal registered airmail)

Correo Argentina is not the best!

Back