Amazon Prime ordering

I use it all the time with same day delivery + Amazon fresh delivery of organic blueberries .... when I'm in the US!

Let me see what has customs stole from me. A video game for my nephews Christman tree. A box wine I thought was fine it was even Argentine. The list is mine and there is more. Customs here is where they like to make life hard for you and good for them as they crooks and have no hearts.

I opened a free mail box in Miami from Aerolineas Argentinas, apparently you can buy stuff and ship it to that PO Box, and then they will fly it here
at a cost of about 3 USD per Kg, plus import duties if any.
I have not used it yet, and you can bring a max of 3 identical items, but not batteries or commercial stuff I think.

I opened a free mail box in Miami from Aerolineas Argentinas, apparently you can buy stuff and ship it to that PO Box, and then they will fly it here
I have not used it yet, and you can bring a max of 3 identical items, but not batteries or commercial stuff I think.
I think you meant to write a cost of USD$13 per kilo....
25 May 2019
Aerolineas Argentinas launches a door-to-door service for purchases made abroad

"WE DELIVER YOUR PURCHASES TO YOUR HOME"
Receive your packages throughout Argentina in an easy, convenient and fast way. Through this service, Aerolineas Argentinas allows you to shop at the best online stores in the US or another country, send it to an address in Miami, FL, USA and receive your products at your front door.
The service offered by Aerolineas Argentinas Courier is part of the AFIP regime "Foreign shipments through the Postal / Courier service provider". Learn more about the characteristics of this service and its limitations:
You will also find a comparative chart regarding other similar services offered by other entities and their corresponding regulations.

Last edited:
where are you seeing that amazon prime is available in argentina?
According to the article on Infotechnology one can place orders from ARG using Amazon Prime but limited to only doing it on "Prime Day" which coincides with Amazon's anniversary date. This year it was held on July 15 and lasted 48 hours.

11 July 2019
Amazon auctions (sic) all its catalog: two days to buy at giveaway prices from Argentina

Last edited:
The Book Depository, bookdepository.com is an Amazon company, delivers everything free and is often cheaper than Amazon itself. So far (crosses fingers, touches wood) all my deliveries to Argentina from them have been successful and door-to-door.

THANK YOU manwithnoname!!!

I just visited the site and there are seven books I would like to order.

Four are available for shipment in four days and the other three are available for shipment in three days.
The cost of all seven books is $87 USD
The cost of the four which are available in four days is $47 USD and the cost of the other three is $40 USD

As the shipping is free, there's no concern abut combining shipments to save on shipping costs but I'm wondering:

1. Are books allowed into Argentina duty free (meaning I won't have to fill out any forms to pay the Aduana)?

2. If books are not exempt, is there is a duty/import tax on shipments of less than $50 per month?

3. How many duty free shipments (of any goods with a total cost of less than $50 USD) are allowed per month/year?

4. For those who have ordered books from this site, how long did it take for them to arrive at your door?

Last edited:
When I ordered, even though it was let year, I got my large order in several packages. It looked like they came from different warehouses.
There is no import tax to be payed. The packages came through with correo argentina.
It took 20 days to be delivered to Patagonia.
They come in a sturdy cardboard pack with the book depository logo on it and clearly marked as documents.
The packages weren’t even registered with my DNI.

Where is your delivery address? I tried to open an account but they wouldn’t send to me in Patagonia.
So I tried my father in law’s address next to el obelisco but I still couldn’t open an account.

We had a very frustrating week trying to figure out how to best buy snow shoes. In the end we bough Argentinian made ones for me. (But, ironically they can’t be delivered at the moment due to snow in Villa la Angostura) And the kids’ shoes we bought from Sweden to be hand delivered by family for next season.

Hello,
Amazon Prime does work in Argentina. My friends have ordered and they delivered. Items are limited, but it works.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Expat Life 14
R Expat Life 4
Aztangogirl Expat Life 2
Aztangogirl Expat Life 8
S Expat Life 4
Back