American Airlines No Ticket Sales In Argentina

Noesdeayer

Registered
For the first time in 25 years American Airlines has stopped accepting payment for ticket sales in Argentina.All payments must be made abroad
Argentina used to be called "the jewel in the crown" by American,clients of mine in English Business Skills from 1998 'til 2012.Since they were severly "burned" in Venezuela recently to the tune of about U$D 8b,they will no longer acceot payment in "funny money"-the name American accounting in ;Miami gave to highly inflated L.A. currencies.
Lucky me .I slipped in right under the wire in Sept. when I paid them for my trip to Colombia,S.F. and NYC in AR$ cash and saved U$D 1,250.So on this Thanksgiving ,I'll say - thanks a whole lot to Cristina and Axel for making that savings possible. MUY AGRADECIDO SIEMPRE !

For the first time in 25 years American Airlines has stopped accepting payment for ticket sales in Argentina.All payments must be made abroad
Argentina used to be called "the jewel in the crown" by American,clients of mine in English Business Skills from 1998 'til 2012.Since they were severly "burned" in Venezuela recently to the tune of about U$D 8b,they will no longer acceot payment in "funny money"-the name American accounting in ;Miami gave to highly inflated L.A. currencies.
Lucky me .I slipped in right under the wire in Sept. when I paid them for my trip to Colombia,S.F. and NYC in AR$ cash and saved U$D 1,250.So on this Thanksgiving ,I'll say - thanks a whole lot to Cristina and Axel for making that savings possible. MUY AGRADECIDO SIEMPRE !

I had an idea this was coming. Although I hope Macri won't implement any abrupt currency change (possibly too volatile an action, thus hazardous, so moderation is best), this suspension will no doubt spread to other venues, etc. Sad, no? And just how many Ks and Camporistas will look at this as an obvious evil attack on Argentina by the US?

Back