American Lawyer with Conversational-Spanish Skills Looking for Work

wlmille

Registered
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a job in Buenos Aires that would allow me to utilize my education and six years of experience as a practicing attorney. I graduated from Emory University (Atlanta, Georgia) in 2001, and the University of Georgia School of Law in 2004. After graduating law school, I served as law clerk to a highly-respected trial-court judge from 2004-2006, and then entered private practice as a trial attorney from 2006 until the end of 2010. (Resume with detailed work history available upon request.) At the end of 2010, I quit my job at a small firm in Atlanta to pursue my dream of traveling and living abroad for a while.

I'm currently teaching English, and really enjoy it, but I'm looking for something that pays a bit more and allows me to utilize what I consider to be above-average written and oral communication skills. My Spanish is conversational----I've been in Buenos Aires for almost five months taking classes and living with someone that speaks no English----and I read and write better than I speak.

I realize it's supremely difficult to find a job as an ex-pat with limited Spanish skills. All the same, any thoughts or leads you guys might have would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Good Morning,
I'm intrigued by what you consider to be "above-average written and oral communication skills". Send your CV over to [email protected] and we'll be in touch.
Take Care,
John Peter

Have you had any luck finding a job?

I am entering my third year of law school at Cumberland, and I am trying to make contacts to find a job in bsas. I was actually raised in BA, and I'm just trying to find my ticket back. Any input would be greatly appreciated, and if could be of any assistance as well let me know.

My email is [email protected].

Back