American Products? Chips, Sodas, Candy, Etc?

LVega2382

Registered
Hey guys, I moved from the US to BA a little less than a year ago and am missing my dear Dr. Pepper, Twix, Hot Cheetos, etc..

Anybody know where I can buy some of these products? I'm in Versalles at the moment, near the Velez Sarsfield stadium, so if there was some sort of way to get these things shipped to me (for cheap). that'd be awesome, but I'm always out and about so if it's not to far from here I can definitively go get it if some sort of shop has it.

Thanks! :)

Doritos are generally available, if you're into that kind of thing.

Pringles is almost everywhere too. Lays potato chips as well.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Dr. Pepper [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]cans [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]made a brief appearance in the giant Jumbo near the mosque in Palermo around 2008/9 imported from the states. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I've not seen it anywhere since.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If you're after some "different" softdrinks, some Peruvian greengrocers have Inca cola, red kola (kola inglesa) and papaya.[/background]

You can also get Hey Song Sarsaparilla (root beerish stuff) from some chinese supermarkets, although it appears to have vanished again recently.

The US Embassy always sold US products as part of local cultural events in Montevideo, Uruguay but only once or twice per year. I know they had Dr. Pepper. The American School also had some unique items that were otherwise not available in the country for their open house events. Not sure...perhaps they do in BA as well?

Check out the stores in Barrio Chino and the imported product section of Jumbo and Walmart, the selection varies and is very unpredictable.

The US Embassy in BA does not sell anything to the public, there's rumors of a store for embassy staff but the public is not allowed to access it, US Citizen or not.

If you are ever on vacation near the border with Chile (Bariloche, Mendoza etc.) then check out one of the larger Jumbo supermarkets in Chile and fill your trunk.

If you are ever on vacation near the border with Chile (Bariloche, Mendoza etc.) then check out one of the larger Jumbo supermarkets in Chile and fill your trunk.

Not sure how close any supermarkets are in Bariloche, but there's no Chilean Jumbo close to Mendoza, if you're lucky and get no traffic, good weather and no line at the border you can probably get to one in Santiago in 5 hours.

The closest Jumbo to Bariloche is in Osorno and the next large one is in Puerto Montt. Puerto Varas only has a small one (Disco/Vea size).
Closest one to Mendoza is in Los Andes which is not far from the border. And Santiago has many and is worth a trip. If you are heading for the coast there is a large Jumbo in Viña with a good selection of imported products and another one in Valparaiso.

Back