Amparo, specialty products at good prices!

NOLAchef

Registered
Hola!

Just thought I'd share AMPARO. It's in Palermo very near the train tracks near Juan B. Justo. I've been buying lots of products from here for private chef events...

Why do I shop here?

Mascarpone Cheese
Feta Cheese
Goats Cheese
Heinz Ketchup
Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce (!!)
Cases of Wine
Buying in bulk- olives, pickled goods, PECANS and other nuts, hongos de pino, shitakes
La Costeña products (minus chipotles)
Pretzels
Vanilla Beans

Prices are very decent, more or less what they offer in barrio chino but better quality cheeses.

Supposedly on some days they sell fresh produce by the kilo. If anyone knows the days, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

http://bodegaamparo.com.ar/ Darwin 1548 between Gorriti y Cabrera

Is it cheap? Those aren't exactly hard to find products...

Now if they had chipotles en adobo.....

bodega amparo is not exactly a secret. i find prices there often better than in barrio chino. they sell fesh produce by the kilo right next door, every day. (except not sure about sundays..)

The bulk veggies are good prices, but other stuff inside is a bit on the expensive side.

The good thing is that (1) It's in Palermo & (2) It has a wide range of spices. (Wines aren't cheap and the deli is moderate, but my local German fiambreria is better.)

I recently bought some Smoked Paprika from there and the smoked smell lit up my kitchen for the first couple of weeks. I even used it to day on my fried eggs.

It's in a much more impressive location than when it was under the train tracks at Paraguay before they started building the new buildings there. Their fruits & veggies looked a bit like a soup kitchen during the dust bowl with the line out front on Saturdays & Sundays, but if you ever need 5 kilos of oranges or 10 kilos of potatoes, it's the place to go.

I was searching for chipotles en adobo a few months back, and posted when I finally found them in Jumbo on Bullrich. Haven't been back since, but they were on a regular isle (not the import section) at that time.

What I need is MASECA or any corn tortillas. Coste;a chipotles I can get at Jumbo from time to time. I have bootlegged and trying to grow chiles poblanos, guajillos and mulatos. But I can't find any corn tortillas or masa. Any hints? Thanks in advanced.

Back