Analysis: Argentina 4 -South Korea

haha no not Greek, despite the moniker. maybe they'll get lucky and Argentina will experiment with the lineup a bit in that game.

Nothing is set on stone yet; we played better than the first game but there's a LOT to be improved.

If I was the coach, Veron and Jonas should be out from now and on.

As I said in my analysis, I think Veron offers something that others don't have. Although, you're right, he's very old and very slow. I would like to see Pastore take over the playmaker role.

I think they're doing just fine without a playmaker so far. It's a job Tevez and Messi were made to share between themselves in the way they are doing, and Maxi bring an extra verticalidad to the midfield to balance out Angel Di María's - ahem - contribution thus far.

The defence is a mess though. It's plain Maradona's only decided to play with full backs since naming the squad, because if it had been the plan all along he'd have named Javier Zanetti. I mean he can't seriously think Jonás is a better right back, can he?!

By the way Diskosis, I'm Sam Kelly / Twitterer HEGS_com on the Guardian Fans' Network. Glad I noticed you here - if you still want to head to San Martín on Tuesday it'll be a lot easier to organise via this than on Twitter!

They've been fine so far - Messi and Carlitos have done excellently. I just wonder what will happen when they need to go to 'Plan B' against a top team. The first 20 mins of the 2nd half against Korea was not that encouraging.

I'm down for Plaza San Martin. I'll message you on here with my details so we can sort it out.

Back