And They Wept..

fifs2

Registered
The story of Marita is such a sad one for life & freedom in Argeintina and moreover for the justice that was today denied her mother. This story makes me weep as a mother but also just as a person who loves Argentina. Cynicism aside expts this is a sad day for Argentine justice and CFK should be fighting as hard to overturn this as she did the media injunction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susana_Trimarco

She's trying to impeach the 3 judges, I really hope all the pieces of shit involved in that trial get what's coming

Day 1 Cristina gets humiliated by the Supreme Court (for the second time)

Day 2 Cristina vows to make the judges subordinate to the "public will"

Day 3 Out of the blue comes an unpopular judges decision in a highly corrupt and tight knit little province run by the Peronists

Day 4 Cristina triumphant announces this is exactly what I mean - now the "public will" is to sack all those judges and any others who get in her way ... who she (supposedly a lawyer if anyone can find her certificate of graduation) as the only voice of the people ... dislikes

Result "public opinion" swings behind Cristina and she is riding the crest of a wave of "moral indignation" seemingly empowered to swat the judges just like she wanted because we are all too shocked and outraged to step back and take stock of the situation.

Now I know how many conspiracy theorists there are around these days and some have even been spotted in BA ex-pats too but this coincidence did put me in mind of the excellent Robert Cox item in Buenos Aires Herald .... http://www.buenosair...emocratic-cliff

and recollection that manipulation at this scale has been seen before.

And this doesnt mean I have a view on whether these people acquitted in Tucuman are guilty or not - let the decision be appealed and let due process take place and take it all the way to the Supreme Court as must.

Of course Cristina is going to make the most of this opportunity. Father Christmas has bought her present a little early this year. Cristina has stopped weeping now!

I think PhilinBSAS has nailed it on the head. Everyone knew that when Kretina was shot down in flames by the hight court for her 7D 'per saltum' scam that she'd go & concoct something else...the Marita Veron case has been running for 10 years, & suddenly a little over a day after the hight court rules against the Per Saltum, the Marita case concludes in a most explosive ending sending the general public into rage against 'Judges' in general.

Is Kretina capable of such a dirty move? I'm not the least doubtful.

Back