And Yet Another Question About Overstaying A Tourist Visa

fred mertz

Registered
All of the questions about overstaying a Arg tourist visa involve weeks, months and years. I'm wondering if a grace period is ever given to those who are delinquent by a few days to possibly as many as 9 days? Is there any "grace period?" Since this is a serious question, I won't ask what days does Grace work?
I have live in BA for MANY years and have never stayed for more than 90 days at a time...

It doesn't matter if you overstay 1 day or 1 year - the fee applies and is the same.

From my experience, there is no grace period. They count the days on their fingers or have it worked out before hand -- if your stamp is after x date, you're good to go. Before, and you have to pay the fine. They want the money.

I once had a stamp that was 1 or 2 days before the limit, and the agent seemed downright disappointed and said something about cutting it close.

As noted there is 0 grace period, in fact some people have been questioned as to the hour they arrived if they're trying to leave on day 90.

Also do note the fine is now $600 pesos.

I was on day 89 of a tourist visa the other day on my way to Colonia and was sent to the migaciones desk since I was "close" to the limit. The lady counted on her cell phone the number of days since she was sure my visa was expired. She really seemed to want to fine me but realized it was not possible. After a few phone calls she figured out I was right and I got the green light to boar the ferry.

I was on day 89 of a tourist visa the other day on my way to Colonia and was sent to the migaciones desk since I was "close" to the limit. The lady counted on her cell phone the number of days since she was sure my visa was expired. She really seemed to want to fine me but realized it was not possible. After a few phone calls she figured out I was right and I got the green light to boar the ferry.

You were probably just lucky that February has 28 days! ;)

I returned from my last trip on 13 March, 2015. 90 days hence is 11 June. Can I leave on 12 June, the first day after completing my 90 day stay or must I leave on or before 11 June?

Back