Anglophone Employment

katie.pedersen

Registered
I came to Buenos Aires at the end of January expecting to start teaching English in February but my start date keeps getting pushed back further and further - at this point, I won't be starting until mid April if at all. As you can imagine, I am quickly running out of money, but I am having great difficulty finding an alternate job. Does anyone know any place that would hire a 23 year old woman who speaks only beginner Spanish? It doesn't have to be a teaching job - I have a lot of experience in the food and beverage industry bartending and waitressing, I have experience in broadcast journalism, and teaching skiing to children and adults. I am a Canadian who recently graduated from Queen's University with a BA Honours in English Literature. Any suggestions?

Have you been looking at Craigslist Buenos Aires listings? I see a lot of things on there daily that would be suitable for what you have described. Also just so you know, February was still 'summer' for most of the city, especially in terms of people taking classes, and most schools and institutes that don't run year-round are just starting classes up again now, in mid-late March. Good luck!

Katie, I tried to send you a PM recently, but I don´t think your profile permits it (I think you need to activate that feature or something). In any case, I think I might have a heads up on some English teaching work if you are interested.

On a personal note, I really wouldn´t recommend Craigslist. The employers who post on that website generally know that the expats who use it don´t know of any other resources to look for jobs, so the employment that they offer is pretty crappy in terms of pay and conditions.

PM me if you can, take care! -Lauren

Back