Animal Cruelty Laws In Argentina?

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
I was walking through Recoleta yesterday morning and watched a dog-walker repeatedly hitting a couple of the dogs she had on leash. These dogs weren't fighting or doing anything that would justify any kind of physical control. One of them was an older Golden Retriever. They were just not walking the way she wanted. I took out my cell phone and tried to video her in the act but she stopped.

What are the animal cruelty laws here?

Frankly, it took every bit of self-control for me no to walk up behind her and kick her in the a$$ and then ask how she liked it.

GS

Poor dogs... it's too bad you weren't able to get the video because I'm sure the owners would like to know that the person that's walking their dog is abusing it.

I'm with CA on this. It would be tricky, but the thought of letting some of her clients know what's going on is priceless.

Mob justice!

Argentina sometimes surprises me with its 'advanced' laws, of which some passed a lot of times ago (such as Ley Sarmiento frenchie linked), but I am very skeptical about their application.

Oh - I hope you get her. I think it comes down to weak people who feel small themselves dominating animals to feel more powerful. Gross.

And I recall vaguely that a few years ago, a new rule was implemented, limiting the numbers of dogs per paseador to 8

Argentina sometimes surprises me with its 'advanced' laws, of which some passed a lot of times ago (such as Ley Sarmiento frenchie linked), but I am very skeptical about their application.
Implementation and enforcement are key value to a law. There are anti litter laws here also and you can see their effect.
GS kicking her in the ass would be more effective. In fact we need an entire squad of asskickers.

Back