Another Airline Assault

chris

Registered
Seems there was another airline incident, this one on American (not United) Airlines. Passenger accuses flight attendant of hitting her with a stroller and apparently nearly hitting her little child. From the video we can see the flight attendant reacting aggressively to an angry passenger. These incidents seem to indicate a problem with airline personnel but I wonder if their behavior and decisions are a reflection of management priorities, i.e. passengers are just cargo. All that matters is profit.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/22/american-airlines-flight-attendant-accused-of-whacking-mom-with-stroller/

There are definitely some nasty people working for the airlines and I've had encounters with some. They apparently hate their jobs and probably their lives as well. Assaulting a woman with children is a new low for sure. Not clear what lead up to the incident but I noticed on another news source that the woman was from Argentina.

Your comment about airline priorities likely has a lot to do with it and has both passengers and employees on edge as a result. I dread flying nowadays.

I have no idea whether this is real or not, BUT consider the source, the New York Post !!!!!!!!
Nancy

It's real, Nancy and all over the media. I can't wait for all these US junk airlines to go out of business so that some international carriers who still know how to treat people as human beings can take over and do the job right.

For all of its faults, I don't think the same would happen in Argentina and a woman traveling with two children would have been assisted rather than berated by airline employees.

There are definitely some nasty people working for the airlines and I've had encounters with some. They apparently hate their jobs and probably their lives as well. Assaulting a woman with children is a new low for sure. Not clear what lead up to the incident but I noticed on another news source that the woman was from Argentina.

Your comment about airline priorities likely has a lot to do with it and has both passengers and employees on edge as a result. I dread flying nowadays.

POSTED 9:59 PM, APRIL 21, 2017, BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE
http://ktla.com/2017...-investigating/

....According to multiple witnesses, the woman, who is from Argentina and was flying internationally, brought her stroller on the plane. When the flight attendant attempted to remove the stroller from the plane, there was an altercation which resulted in the stroller striking the woman and nearly hitting her child.

Olivia Morgan was standing in the doorway of the aircraft with her 8-year-old daughter waiting to board when the altercation happened.
“The flight attendant wrestled the stroller away from the woman, who was sobbing, holding one baby with the second baby in a car seat on the ground next to her,” she said. Morgan said the flight attendant was “violent” when taking the metal stroller from the woman and nearly hit the baby with the stroller.......

This is the kind of poeple we need to push cattle not working at an airline, however i doubt baldy would stand up like that at a campfire knowing full well no TSA or any other agency will back him up........ :cool:

Sure, there are several people out there doing jobs they hate, especially in the service industry. Having flown so much and seen what the airline attendants have to deal with, likely on a daily basis, I'd hate that job, too. That doesn't mean there is an endemic problem with airlines treating people badly. It means there are incidents where people have been treated badly by seemingly a-holes.

Looking at this incident, the airline attendant could have been a little more cognizant of her situation, maybe communicate a little better with questions rather than demands to try to help her rather than make the whole situation more stressful: mother traveling alone with two babies (ugh, just thinking about that makes me feel anxious), trying to get one secured while also attending to the other with a line growing behind her with possibly less than understanding passengers and an annoying flight attendant expecting her to do all this quickly and agreeably. Sure, she has to take the stroller back to the jet bridge to check, but maybe she had items still inside it (like a wallet, or bottles, or a toy that helps calm one of the babies) that she needed to remove before sending it on the way. Some folks just might be missing that compassion gene.

Or maybe the mother could have explained the situation a little more to the flight attendant, but that assumes there was no language barrier. Even without the language barrier, how much do you have to communicate an obviously overwhelming situation (one made so much worse with a language barrier).

But who knows except those that were there. I'm just surprised no one stepped in to help her while trying to get the babies situated. The times that I've witnessed this situation in the past, flight attendants or fellow passengers are more than helpful, including me. I'd say it says more about the compassion of the people in general than the airline. Bunch a lamers.

Edit: Adding that when one person reaches out with a kind gesture in the form of assistance, it makes it that much harder for the a-holes to react in their a-hole ways.

I have no idea whether this is real or not, BUT consider the source, the New York Post !!!!!!!!
Nancy

If the Post is beneath your standards, is CNN satisfactory : http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/22/us/american-airlines-video-confrontation-trnd/

American Air has apologized.

Back