Another Strange Death In Buenos Aires....

It's clearly dangerous to get too close to the fire in this country.

The local tv new reported a few minutes ago that she was a victim of a stray bullet.
Which is possible,... but it could also be the case of someone who knew too much.

It may be possible that it was a random accident, but coincidences so great are difficult to believe. It's every bit as easy to believe that someone created the shootout near her just so she could die "accidentally" in the crossfire.

"Testigos presenciales aseguran que fue premeditado", according to the linked report in the OP.

I suppose this could be somehow related to the "battles behind the scenes" that I mentioned in another thread, such as it was indeed a truly random event that created a highly unlikely coincidence and people who are trying to make Cristina, the FpV and la Campora look bad are trying to link something accidental to make it look premeditated.

So hard to tell here. And I bet we never know the truth.

One thing I've learned in Argentina is that the final definitive story never seems to come out here. To paraphrase Churchill when he described Russia:

I cannot forecast to you the action of Argentina. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest.

Not sure how to replace the last part.

One thing I've learned in Argentina is that the final definitive story never seems to come out here. To paraphrase Churchill when he described Russia:

I cannot forecast to you the action of Argentina. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest.

Not sure how to replace the last part.

Viveza criolla.

sleslie Right you are! "Viveza criolla" or what they think is "viveza" --playing the smart guy---plus a heavy dosis of "jugando a las dos puntas"--playing both ends against the middle---.Unfortunately by now,most of the world is wise to them.Agree with it or not but years ago the WSJ called Argentina "The free loader country".

So the paraphrase might be:

I cannot forecast to you the action of Argentina. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Viveza Criolla.

Back