Another 'visa Run' Question

K4RR4R

Registered
Hi all,

My 90 day tourist stamp is set to expire later this month, I've been in and out of the country a few times over the past few years, but this would be my second time in a row I'm spending the entire 3 months in Argentina, the last time I renewed it by taking a 3 week trip to Canada in February.

This time, I'm planning to go to Colonia for the day. I'll make sure its before the 90 days expires, but I wanted to be sure that going for just a day will get me a new entry stamp?

I've read a few threads on this via the search tool and the overwhelming answer seems to be yes, new entry stamps are given even for day trips, but just wanted to be sure and if there's anything else I need to be aware of.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you mentioned having a girl friend here.

Have you considered getting married to her here and applying for a permanent DNI and free yourself from this "visa run"?

--

Having said that, what happens at the border crossing depends pretty much, on the immigration officer you meet that day. Since your last trip was to Canada, its **highly unlikely** you will have a problem, in getting a 3 month stamp.

--

It also depends on why are you doing this visa run? Its best to have a long term solution in hand asap.

Thanks for the reply!

If and when I do consider marriage, it'll be for much better reasons than to get a DNI ;)

I know that a long term solution is the better option, I'm working on that. I just wanted to make sure a 1 day run would be enough to get the stamp. Thanks again for the advice.

Back