Any favourite restaurants con onda in Recoleta?

Zissou

Registered
Whenever I want to end up in Recoleta for drinks (Gran Bar Danzon, Milion) I am always stumped for restaurants to go to beforehand.

Any suggestions? Much as I love them, I can only go to Juana M or Piola so many times. The mains at Milion more often than not are a disaster, and same for Gran Bar save for the apps and desserts.

I don't want anything all-out fancy, with a totally older crowd (a la Sirop, Fervor, Nectarine) ... but also not a parrilla with bright lights and no vibe. Ideas?

Here are a few suggestions:

By BADesign there is a big patio with about 10 different restaurants that tend to be quite good. I have eaten at 3-4 of them. There is also a great patio for all of them with a niceish view. If the weather holds, that could be a plus.

Also, if you are into pizza, there is a great pizza place at the corner of Uriburo y Junin and I usually don´t like pizza here all that much. And there is also Cuartitos, Talcuahano and Marcelo T. pizza is OK, but the vibe is pure Argentina.

There used to be a great place with a number for a name on Arenales between Riobamba and Callao, but I am uncertain if it is still there.

RR

La Cholita is a decent, non traditional parilla. Always packed, its food is good and value for money it cant be beat in my opinion. Its on Rodrigues Peña (just back from the corner of Sante Fe).

Due on Juncal and Pueyrredon is tiny but awesome and lots of onda. Look it up on Guia Oleo ;)

Re post #4, Uriburo and Junin are parallel. What's the pizza place called?

jb5 said:
Re post #4, Uriburo and Junin are parallel. What's the pizza place called?

I think he is referring to Los Maestros and it is actually Juncal btw Uriburu and Junin

Reactions: jb5
There are a bunch of restaurants on Rodriguez Peña, between Arenales and Santa Fe ... I think Salto de Ranas (mexican), Rigoletto (italian) and a few other places. Never been, but whenever I go to Casabar which is across the street, they always seem to be packed.

Also there are a lot of Hotels in the area (not just Hyatt and Alvear) which have very good restaurants ... don't remember the hotel names (maybe someone else does?) but there are a couple on Callao, and one on Montevideo next to Tea Connection.

And around the corner from Tea Connection, on Quintana, you have Arkakao. I've only gone there for the ice cream, which is excellent though expensive, but there's also a restaurant. On the other side of Montevideo, still on Quintana, there's a small restaurant called El Almacen de los Sueños (or something like that) for which I've heard good reviews.

Hope this helps!

Dipperus said:
There are a bunch of restaurants on Rodriguez Peña, between Arenales and Santa Fe ... I think Salto de Ranas (mexican), Rigoletto (italian) and a few other places. Never been, but whenever I go to Casabar which is across the street, they always seem to be packed.

Also there are a lot of Hotels in the area (not just Hyatt and Alvear) which have very good restaurants ... don't remember the hotel names (maybe someone else does?) but there are a couple on Callao, and one on Montevideo next to Tea Connection.

And around the corner from Tea Connection, on Quintana, you have Arkakao. I've only gone there for the ice cream, which is excellent though expensive, but there's also a restaurant. On the other side of Montevideo, still on Quintana, there's a small restaurant called El Almacen de los Sueños (or something like that) for which I've heard good reviews.

Hope this helps!
You are close: It's actually "El Almacen de Los Milagros" and it is FANTASTIC --- small but very chic.

http://www.elalmacendelosmilagros.com/welcome.html

Back