Any fracking thoughts?

What stood out most for me how all this will make Argentina even more like Venezuela. They've got all that oil bringing in the profits but the government bungles it and waste most of it away.

Same thing will happen here. Argentina will be no better off from this.

Seems they will take much of the water from the farmers...destroy much of the environment and surely the kick-backs & profits will go to very few...with very little if any savings at the pump for the masses..

Hmmm.. I guess there are not many thoughts about the environment.. it is after all.. only nature!

I do not agree with all this development and on this rare time I concur with the thoughts of cbphoto. There is too much development and razing of ancient forests going on at the moment in Argentina and our deforestation rates are even worse than Brazils . Soya is not sustainable in the longer term and there must be a moratorium on our environment

http://ipsnews.net/africa/interna.asp?idnews=27911

I'm all for Argentina tapping into her natural resources - but I think they need to remember what sets them apart. Beautiful country, grass fed/free range livestock, organic goods.... With so much land and a highly concentrated population in Buenos Aires, Argentina could be an example to the rest of the world on good living and quality products if they so choose it. Responsible use of resources is a must.

And before they start digging for oil and gas, they might want to figure out the water situation first. Better water treatment and distribution facilities would probably serve Argentina a lot more than gas at this moment. Water is a lot more important - you can't drink oil. :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rich One Expat Life 4
Rich One Expat Life 0
Back