Any Interest In Monthly Book Club?

Alicia karr

Registered
I've been a member of book clubs before and found them intellectually stimulating and a wonderful way to make new friends. I'd be happy to try and organize a monthly club if there are enough interested parties on this website. Any other bookies out there?

I am interested, but only in BsAs Nov 1 till June 1 every year. Your dog is really cute.
Nancy

I am interested but I travel a fair bit, nonetheless let me know what you organise and I will try to be there. Do you plan to read books in english or spanish, or both?
Cheers, Sarah

I'm thinking no attendance requirements--this is an expat community, and life happens! But we could have a regular meeting time, select the book by the beginning of the month, and those that can come would. Could people also specify when theyd prefer to meet? For example: evenings, morning, afternoon, late afternoon or weekends? I'd like to see if we have a viable critical mass here! Thanks

Last call for book "clubbies"! So far there have only been three responders! Not sure if this just is getting lost among the much more exciting economic news, or what, but we would need more people interested in participating in a monthly book club meeting before we could try and start. We only have four interested. No one else want to have passionate opinions? Insightful analysis? Intellectual debate? A literary IQ? Yogur Griego, Morgan F, where are you when we need you? Last call, no commitments, just interested parties!

Books would be chosen by the group, but would be in English to start. Just a couple more takers and we old give it a go....just need a few more interested people...an opportunity to be fluent people again and make new friends!

why is it important to have large numbers ... a few is sufficient to begin any project. once you get a few people excited then they will in turn if really interested involve their friends in the same thing too. how many people is sufficient to have a discussion .. I would say two === perhaps could be one.. as many people do talk to themselves some more loudly than others. Maybe set it up so people bring along a bottle of wine.. therefore a nice afternoon; some snacks; vino; discussion; all turns into one nice time for everyone even those who find themselves bored with the particular book itself.. so many possibilities .. you need to explore it all more but the principal motive is to have FUN. all my best to you. Walter

Back