Any Problems Exchanging The New Us $100 Bills?

ehdcschu

Registered
I have some of the new bills and was wondering if there is any issue with exchanging them in BA.

Is it considered annoying or does it effect the rate if you have only $20 USD notes instead of 50's/100's?? Stupid ATMs overseas gave me $20 notes.

Is it considered annoying or does it effect the rate if you have only $20 USD notes instead of 50's/100's?? Stupid ATMs overseas gave me $20 notes.
If you exchange these $20 notes legally at a proper bank then you will have no problems. If you exchange the notes in the black market any advice forum members give you will be considered aiding and abetting.

Black-Market-Poster-from-Kansas-Memory-300x223.jpg

I have successfully deposited my smaller bills in my dollar account here and returned another day to withdraw $100 bills from the same account.
But thanks for the heads up on foreign ATMS! I had forgotten about that!

If you exchange these $20 notes legally at a proper bank then you will have no problems. If you exchange the notes in the black market any advice forum members give you will be considered aiding and abetting.

Black-Market-Poster-from-Kansas-Memory-300x223.jpg

If arbolitos try to entice you: “You're always welcome here, even though you're wanted elsewhere.”
Tell them Joe said it ain't so.

For 20 bills you get 20% less if the dealer wants them :D

For 20 bills you get 20% less if the dealer wants them :D

You get about AR$0.2 per US$1 less. That is hardly "20%".

So if you got AR$9.7 to US$1 on Friday, then you might have only gotten AR$9.5 to US$1 with US$20s.

0.2 / 9.7 = 2.06% less

"20% Less" = AR$7.76

That's a pretty big difference. But then again, if you are willing to take AR$155.20 for each of your US$20s (AR$7.76 per US$1), I'll gladly take all of them off of your hands.

You get about AR$0.2 per US$1 less. That is hardly "20%".

So if you got AR$9.7 to US$1 on Friday, then you might have only gotten AR$9.5 to US$1 with US$20s.

0.2 / 9.7 = 2.06% less

"20% Less" = AR$7.76

That's a pretty big difference. But then again, if you are willing to take AR$155.20 for each of your US$20s (AR$7.76 per US$1), I'll gladly take all of them off of your hands.

My msg was only a joke.... nobody wants 20 dollar bills....!

Back