Any Recent Luck with ATM Limit

loribuenosaires

Registered
Has anybody had any luck recently taking out more than 1,000 pesos from an ATM the Colegiales/Belgrano/Palermo areas?

Thanks!

As I learned from this forum (and that was useful!), you can go to a Citibank and locate the ATM which does NOT have the Banelco or Link logo on it. There should be such an ATM in each Citibank and you can withdraw more than 1000 pesos (don't know the limit though).

You can usually take three withdrawals per day: $1000, $1000 and $500.

Sleuth said:
You can usually take three withdrawals per day: $1000, $1000 and $500.

I guess that's dollars, right? (hence confirming the 4.000 pesos limit per withdrawal mentionned by Barney/previous post).

Lee said:
The limit you can pull out is depending on the limit of your account at CitiBank in the USA.

Do you mean the limits associated to my card as interpreted by Citibank ? (I don't have any account at Citibank, nowhere).

What's odd is that the two -only?- operators of an ATM network (a monopoly per se) here limit so much the withdrawals and cover the exact same fee (with the same limit).
Is there a legal limit for each withdrawal (then how would Citibank circumvene it ? :p No way).

Sounds odd, really. Thanks to Citibank btw!

I've gotten up to 5000 pesos from a CITI atm from a non CITI account. I don't know if that was the limit because I've never tried higher, walking around with that kind of cash scares the crap out of me.

Back