Anybody Attended These Frinking Meet-Ups ?

Ceviche

Registered
For expats on every Friday?

I am not a big fan of drinking but a big fan of socializing.

So wondering.

no at all! it is just when we have an event or invitation, our posts are taken out....go figure

I started going to Frinking four years ago when I was in BA, a few months a year. It was okay but then it was the same venues always and many folks got tired of going to teh same bars. It seemed like some of those venues were "sponsored" or some folks did not want to move out of their neighborhoods. They started choosing the same bar and for many, it got old.

I would love to attend again if there are some more "older" folks attending when I am back in August

no at all! it is just when we have an event or invitation, our posts are taken out....go figure

I started going to Frinking four years ago when I was in BA, a few months a year. It was okay but then it was the same venues always and many folks got tired of going to teh same bars. It seemed like some of those venues were "sponsored" or some folks did not want to move out of their neighborhoods. They started choosing the same bar and for many, it got old.

I would love to attend again if there are some more "older" folks attending when I am back in August

My impression is that it is mostly older people who attend expat events now. Years ago there were mostly people in their 20's or early 30's. It was cheap then, if you had dollars, but all these people seem to have left when things got tough here.

My impression is that it is mostly older people who attend expat events now. Years ago there were mostly people in their 20's or early 30's. It was cheap then, if you had dollars, but all these people seem to have left when things got tough here.

Would be nice to see what's going on now. We'll check later on and post to see if folks want to join.

I haven't been to a frinking meet up for 5 years or so. Is it still only in santelmo?

I've been going a TEGOBA (the English group of Buenos Aires) for quite some time.While Coffee Chat is almost all expats, this group is mostly locals with expats. Johnie Walker is a regular, as are other BAexpat folk.
We meet on Friday nights from 8-10 at Fame auto servicio restaurant at Cabildo 2931 This is close to the last stop of the "D" Line at Congress de Tucuman. Look for the group on the mezzanne.
What good is sitting alone in your room, come hear what people have to say.

Back