Anybody Heading To The Us Soon?

PhilipDT

Registered
I need a favor. It does not involve drugs, money, or poker tournaments.

Rather I just need a small package flown to the US and then dropped in a mailbox once there.

I can compensate you for the trouble if necessary.

I need a favor. It does not involve drugs, money, or poker tournaments.

Rather I just need a small package flown to the US and then dropped in a mailbox once there.

I can compensate you for the trouble if necessary.

I've not had any problems actually posting stuff from here registered. It's always arrived. Although i haven't sent anything in about a year.

If anybody is going or knows someone who is you could really help me out!

Thanks,

You're asking someone to take a package from a stranger with unknown contents through US customs?

Nope! I'll happily pack and un pack it in front of anyone who can help out. Or I'll have the packaging and shipping label all separate and they can pack it themselves in the US..

There is nothing shady here. I had a run of shitty luck last week and my raincoat fell off a coat hanger at the perfect angle to break the screen on my phone which was in the pocket. I have protection on the phone in the US and a friend coming down in 3 weeks who can bring me a new one. I just need some one to take the broken phone back to the US and drop it in a mailbox.

Hopefully someone more trustworthy than the poker king though. Even with a broken screen the phone is worth a fair bit of money.

In spite of recent events I still trust in the general good of the members of this community. I have had people from the forum do favors such as this in the past and I have reciprocated many times.

Why don't you just have your friend just bring the replacement screen (assuming just the glass is cracked) - probably~$10 on Amazon?

It (almost) never pays to be the good guy

That's not true.

Last month I noticed that an exchange house had placed the 500 dollars worth of pesos I had bought in an envelope along with the 500 dollars I had bought them with. I turned around and went half an hour back to them while listening to my argentine business associate try to talk me out of being such a "Yankee" boludo.

A week or so later we finish the arduous process of signing a rental contract for the most amazing house at a steal of a price.

Last week I left my wallet on the bus. Was incredibly disheartened, 2 cc, 2 health insurance, DNI, drivers license, student id, debit cars, 1700 pesos, etc etc, it was going to be a massive pain in my ass.

2 hrs later, I get a call from a Good Samaritan and I go collect my wallet from which not a cent was missing.

I know it's not a direct consequence and I am the luckiest SOB on the planet, but I truly believe that if you do good things and good things will happen to you. Not because of some unseen karmic force, but because doing the right thing makes the world a better place and in a better world, more good things happen.

Back