Anybody need a housekeeper? Mine is looking for more clients....

loribuenosaires

Registered
Dear All:

If anybody is interested my Argentine housekeeper is looking for more work. She has 3 days a week free as she works 2 days a week for me. I have had her for 2 years and she came to me by a reliable recommendation.

I am very pleased with her services. If anybody is interested, I can give you her info and or CV.

She gets along well with cats and is used to my Spanglish.

Thank you.

malbec

Registered
10 pesos an hour! ... :(
Poor girl and poor Argentina, if that is what hardworking people earn-

Maikito

Registered
malbec said:

lol, i thought the same thing. I would pay her more if I had the dispossable income to do so.

elhombresinnombre

Registered
malbec said:

In the UK and USA cleaning is minimum wage employment. Google any employment agency like this one http://jobs.trovit.co.uk/jobs/cleaner-wage and see for yourself. One year ago, the minimum wage in Argentina was 1240 pesos per month..... http://baexpats.org/jobs/2928-what-average-income-individuals-working-buenos-aires-2.html#post15273. Starting salary for a teacher in March last year was 1550 pesos per month http://baexpats.org/culture/4303-public-state-school-teachers-salaries-ba.html#post23528 and the 10 pesos per hour quoted above works out at over 1600 pesos per month, if you assume a 37hr week. Whether or not you think teachers ought to be paid more is not the point: a society where a cleaner can be paid the same as a teacher seems much nicer to me than one where a cleaner is going to be paid the least that the law allows.

loribuenosaires

Registered
Thank you elhombresinnombre. I have lived here 13 years and as far as I know what I posted is the going rate these days.

orwellian

Registered
Wow, so the phone I bought the other day was a whole months salary for a teacher. That's fucked up

citygirl

Registered
10 pesos is pretty low - I don't know anyone paying that these days. I pay the woman who cleans my apt 15 pesos and that seems to be the going rate. Some people I know pay 12 but that is usually for a full-time (5 days a week, set schedule).

Edited to say - this is in Cap Fed. My friends out in Pilar, etc seem to pay btwn 10-12.

flyfreely

Registered
12 to 15 pesos an hour is about the going hourly rate now, but when you hire somebody to come twice a week all day long, 10 pesos an hour is average. The legal minimum wage is at 1200 pesos a month, if you take that and divide by 40 hours a week, the minimum wage is 7.5/hr. Most Argentinians that have housekeepers make them work more than 40 hours / week, and pay below the 1200 minimum wage, but they compensate that by giving them food and room, which normally translates into a 16 hour work day.

jml

Registered
Hi, yes, am interested. Am only here for a short while, but would be great. Can you send me the details to jml08@hotmail.com

Also, do you leave her alone in your flat?