Anyone Convert To Catholicism In Buenos Aires?

Pennsylvania Girl

Registered
I hesitate to post this because I'm not looking for a religious debate. I'm am just trying to find any expats who have converted to Catholicism while living in Buenos Aires. I've lived in Buenos Aires for approximately seven months. I was raised Protestant (Lutheran), but have felt drawn to the Catholic Church for many years. I would like to convert and start RCIA classes. I don't know if that is possible for a foreigner (especially one whose Spanish is still a little too basic for deep religious discussions). Has anyone (with similar language problems) gone through RCIA here?

Also, any leads on churches that offer Mass in English (or with English translation)? I attended Mass today at Parroquia Madre Admirable on Arroyo. Apparently, they used to offer the 10AM Mass in English, but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer. My goal is not to need services in English; I'm working on my Spanish. I'm just not "there" yet, in terms of understanding much of the Homily.

Thanks in advance.

What aspect of the Universal Assembly of Rome draws you the most?

In all honesty I don't know of any Catholic services in English, the Christian services I know of are Anglican Church.

The only English language mass is in the northern suburbs. It is advertised in the BA HERALD. They should be able to help you.

The only English language mass is in the northern suburbs. It is advertised in the BA HERALD. They should be able to help you.

I think you are referring to the one in Acassuso on Santa Fe. I can't recall the name right now, and I believe they have an English mass on Saturday at 10 AM. However, it looked like a protestant church to me.

As for the language barrier, Catholic priests tend to travel quite a bit and I am sure you will be able to find an English speaking priest near where you live. You might want to check with your local church, first.

No I am not referring to that church which is interdenominational and has Sunday services, no masses. I am referring to the ROMAN CATHOLIC English language mass which is on SUNDAYS in the northern suburbs. It is advertised in the BA HERALD. If the person inquiring cannot find it I will research it. The mass is in English.

From yesterday's Herald:

043c3ok.jpg

Back