Anyone Going to Colonia Soon?

el_expatriado

Registered
Well, it turns out that the car I want to buy has no replacement parts here in Argentina. I need to buy 4 new tires for the car so I was wondering if someone who was going to Colonia could check and see if there are any tire stores there. I tried looking on Google but didn't find much. Most of the info was out of date, or had phone numbers that didn't work.

Too bad. Maybe that Toyota with the heated seats, butt wiper etc isn't such a steal after all, huh? Even with your 6:1 exchange for the deal. Seems to me a guy like you who is giving a seminar on money would have realized before going to contract that there are no parts for imported cars since there is something called an import ban... but maybe not...

Yes, I did realize it. That's why I haven't closed the deal yet on the car. I'm doing all the investigation before closing on it. And I am aware there is an import ban. But if I can get parts in Colonia, then I am going to go ahead with the deal anyway. I don't mind going to Uruguay to get the parts I need.

And, yes, even without the replacement parts it is still a steal. I have at least 20,000 KM to go before I will need to change the tires, so that gives me at least a year or so before I need to deal with this situation.

Why so much agression man? What are you so pissed about?

Back