Anyone Imported In Bulk From China To Arg?

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
I want to import some plastic goods from China to Arg, a bit of a test run or feasibility study let's say. They aren't large, one unit would be no bigger than a small shoe (they aren't shoes!), one unit would be very light also.

Anyone any experience? I know a guy importing tyre chains and reselling them on the side of his current job, am interested in a similar enterprise but am interested in the import process and the misery this will inflict upon me.

I understand from the guy mentioned above that to get stuff in with the minimum hassle, China is the only source.

Experiences?

thanks

When it comes to importing there is no "minimum" hassle. Unless your customs agent is wired directly into the top be prepared to become very angry, frequently. It's no joke. And the customs numbers will make you a little ill. There is a customs work sheet out there that helps to get a cost on the project. But cost is not the part that kills the project. Good luck.

I have a good friend whose profession is importing and exporting and he said the business has now been killed in Argentina (I think related to the difficulty/impossibility of getting dollars but not sure)> He is Argentinian but told me he's going to either retire or go to Canada. Don't let this discourage you (though of course it IS discouraging) but get more information but this is what he has told me.

I have a friend here who is in the injected plastics business , along with other plastic products. Would it be a product that could be produced here in Argentina ? Or would you use your imported product from China to compete with local sources ? ? And would he therefore need protection from customs ( ne ; Moreno ) to keep his overpriced inferior Argentine product safe from your proposed superior less expensive Chinese product ?

Just Saying.........

I have a friend here who is in the injected plastics business , along with other plastic products. Would it be a product that could be produced here in Argentina ? Or would you use your imported product from China to compete with local sources ? ? And would he therefore need protection from customs ( ne ; Moreno ) to keep his overpriced inferior Argentine product safe from your proposed superior less expensive Chinese product ?

Just Saying.........
Sounds like you want plastic resin. Ok, Chinese companies in China are using the resin from Korea and other Asian countries product. There are 3 supplier in US, their price is competitive. So South Amerincan supplies just get it from US. But importing it into Ar could be harder. I know many are buying in Brasil.

Good luck! You are better off to get everying made in China and shop the final product from China to here. Why do you want to use the local source ?

You've got to have a contact in Aduana. Otherwise, it is a big pain in the butt. I know a guy who sells imported Carter's baby outfits and is a distributor. The guy orders from China the clothes, and he gets them at his house/warehouse. Of course he pays a fee to his contact. But that's about the only way to get things done. Otherwise, Moreno will have your personal phone number and will want to know why you want to import stuff into Argentina.

Back