Anyone In Salvador Da Bahia ?

estebandepraga

Registered
Ola aos amigos da Bahia ?
I'm here for a week I speak fluent portuguese and am staying with a Brazilian friend but during the day I wouldn't mind to meet up with someone for bate papo here. I'm staying in rio vermelho but can take a bus.
Let me know
Esteban.

Salvador de Bahia . The only place I have been robbed in Latin America in 30 years ! Got pickpocketed in a 5 star hotel at a aconference . My c/c got taken for 11,000 Euros in less than an hour !

Not rushing to go back ....... :( :( :(

Esteban, do be careful when walking in Pelourinho. Small kids walk with 1 foot long daggers there.

Try to blend in like a local don't flash your rings or expensive electronics :)

Salvador da Bahia was very nice but it seemed to be crowded with angry people.

Thanks for the advice but I always take care. That being said, shit happens!
I have no jewelry, cell phone, camera, only shorts and a t shirt and speak Portuguese . Obviously I can't change my Irish-Anglo argie look.
So far so good and I even take buses in the early evening to get home.

quote name='estebandepraga' timestamp='1464721227' post='329846'

Thanks for the advice but I always take care. That being said, shit happens!

The only time I've ever been robbed was in Paris, outside the Louvre. We were surrounded by gypsy kids, touching us and climbing on us. Just as I said to my wife 'watch you purse' one of the kids grabbed it and ran off. The rest went to scatter. I grabbed the slowest one and held him up in the air by his ankles. I made quite a scene hoping the police would show up. The mothers appeared pleading that they knew nothing about the purse. I held the kid higher and shook him. Suddenly the purse appeared and I put the kid down.

Still I think shit happens more often in places like Salvador Bahia.

Back