Anyone interested in arty/indie movies?

cricri58

Registered
Anyone interested in arty/indie movies? That was my proposal around the BAFICI film festival period. Some independant film buffs (style of Arteplex, Malba, Centro San Martin, Alliance Francaise- in the vein of Sundance, Cannes, Berlin,Venice...not mainstream Hollywood) got together to see movies and then to discuss them into English, Spanish, Spanglish...It is not about language practise but exchanging our viewpoints, comments on through a medium that leaves no one indifferent and helps to become critical and cultivated
The proposal is sending a program /lists of movies one would like to see at a local film theatre and everybody is free to show up beforehand and then we talk aroud a caffe to speak about it....
For example a page with listings could be set up through g. mail..

Hi film buffs get together tommorrow May 1st at the MALBA at 2 p m to see "Tony" , a classics from 1934 by famed French director Jean Renoir.
Meeting point: near the tickets outlets at 1.45. For first-time visitors, I will have a blue bag with me.
Chris

Hi, today Sunday at 5.00 pm at Malba "Allosanfan" from Italian directors, the Taviani brothers. A big smash at Cannes Film Festival...
Chris

Would anyone be interested in seeing any of the following films with me?

Tickets are free!

Please PM me if you're interested!

Organized by the European Comission Delegation and Alliance Francaise, with the collaboration of the embassies of the member states of the European Union, the 6th European Cinema Film Series (6a Muestra de Cine Europeo) will feature 16 movies from 17 countries: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Slovenia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Lituania, Italy, Nederland, Poland, Rumania, Czech Republic, Sweden, from May, Monday 18th to Friday 22nd, 2009.

Program:

Monday, May 18
4.00 pm: Risto Rapero (Risto Räppääjä) - Finland
5.00 pm: Working man´s death - Austria
9.00 pm: Lednice - Czech Republic
Štestí - Czech Republic

Tuesday, May 19
4.00 pm: Ekko - Denmark
5.30 pm: Caravaggio - Italy
9.00 pm:Wer früher stirbt ist länger tot - Germany

Wednesday, May 20
3.00 pm: Kolekcioniere - Lithuania
4.30 pm: Binecuvântată fii, închisoare! - Rumania
6.30 pm: All is love - Nederland
9.00 pm: La France - France

Thursday, May 21
4.30 pm: S.O.S. Szerelem! - Hungary
6.30 pm:Νύφες, Nyfes - Greece
9.00 pm: 7 Mesas (De billar francès) - Spain

Friday, May 22
3.00 pm: Petelinji zajtrk - Slovenia
5.15 pm: Ogród Luizy - Poland
7.15 pm: Si le vent soulève les sables - Belgium
9.15 pm: Darling - Sweden

All films will be presented in their original version with Spanish subtitles, except S.O.S. Szerelem! from Hungary which will be dubbed to Spanish.

Free entrance: free tickets must be picked up 30 minutes before the performance. Limited to the auditorium's capacity.

Michelle, I would be interested in seeing the Monday Czech film at 9 pm
I just ckeck the imdb and the movie got many awards in film festivals.Will try to spread the word to other film buffs.
Chris

Back