Anyone know a place for Xbox 360 game rentals?

nicoenarg

Registered
Hey,

Anyone familiar with a decent place to rent Xbox 360 games? Around Almagro would be great but willing to go to the center if necessary.

camberiu said:
Just mod the damned thing

(Well, I'd prefer not to. But as a last resort, I might. Do you know where I could get it modded?)

So, anyone? Any Xbox 360 rental stores around?

no idea about rentals but play asia orders get through customs and they tell you which games are region locked/free etc.

The problem with flashing it is you will eventually get banned from xbox live

I don't think so, all the argentines seem to have put the chip in it, and games are so cheap that no-one really seems to rent.

My son didn't want to chip it either -he preferred to buy the super expensive games abroad...
I am told that all that can happen is that they block you when you play online, then you can re-chip it.

You can google where you can get it done, there are many places, but unfortunately I forgot how it is called in Spanish. Or maybe ask in a store where they sell the games?

katti said:
I don't think so, all the argentines seem to have put the chip in it, and games are so cheap that no-one really seems to rent.

My son didn't want to chip it either -he preferred to buy the super expensive games abroad...
I am told that all that can happen is that they block you when you play online, then you can re-chip it.

You can google where you can get it done, there are many places, but unfortunately I forgot how it is called in Spanish. Or maybe ask in a store where they sell the games?

They ban your xbox forever so although you can play games off-line you can't play online or use anything in xbox live.

scotttswan said:
no idea about rentals but play asia orders get through customs and they tell you which games are region locked/free etc.

The problem with flashing it is you will eventually get banned from xbox live

Thanks.

I don't actually play games on xbox live. I'm more of a traditional single player gamer. But I still prefer non pirated stuff over pirated.

Have you recently ordered games from play asia (especially in the recent months since the stricter import controls were implemented)? Do you get them all at your home address or do you have to jump through hoops and go to ezeiza or something to get them?

scotttswan said:
They ban your xbox forever so although you can play games off-line you can't play online or use anything in xbox live.

that wouldn't surprise me... maybe the Argentines don't play so much online?

I have 2. One modded. Used to pay to have it updated now and then until I gave up,
I think it's eventually cheaper to have both. Sort of a try before you buy solution, My kids play a few FPS games online and enjoy less favorite games on the modded machine.

MS never acknowledged the XBOX or the 360 in Argentina's market so they do not "officially" exist here. They do import the 360,

Never heard of a rental service but I would browse Mercado Libre.

The PS2 and 3 were officially introduced by Sony at the same time fairly recently (when the PS3 was released) By then the PS2 was already extremely common and heavily bootlegged.

I know this is an old thread. But does anyone know of a cyber cafe where I can play Xbox Live Multiplayer? Specifically Black Ops 2?

Back