Anyone know if student visas give extra time before and after your study period?

ventanilla

Registered
I'm going to be doing a student exchange and changing my tourist visa to a student visa once I enter Argentina. I know that you have to do this within 30 days of entering. Will it be a problem if I first enter the country more than 30 days before my course starts and apply for my visa straight away?

Also, will there be additional time after the semester for me to stay a little bit longer?

Thanks everyone :)

You need to contact the Argentine consulate nearest you for details. You don't get a student visa in Argentina. If you are just studying Spanish or Tango your tourist visa will suffice.

If your course is less than six months you can enter on a 90 day tourist visa and get an 90 day extension (aka prorogga de permanencia) at migraciones. That will suffice unless the academic institution insists that you have a DNI.

You need to contact the Argentine consulate nearest you for details. You don't get a student visa in Argentina. If you are just studying Spanish or Tango your tourist visa will suffice.

You can apply for any visa here.

You can apply for any visa here.

As long as you are from a country that Argentina does not require that a tourist or student visa first be procured at an Argentine embassy or consulate ( such as Nigeria).

Last edited:
As long as you are from a country that Argentina does not require that a tourist or student visa first be procured at an Argentine embassy or consulate ( such as Nigeria).

Yeah just to clarify this is my plan. The consulate has advised me that my country gets the 90 day tourist visa on arrival and that you can apply for a student visa in country. I would get it from here in advance, but unfortunately I live far away from the consulate and embassy and it would cost me a lot of money.

Sorry for double post - I think once I go through the process I will make a post about it so that anyone else searching in the future can search for it.

Back