Anyone know of a place to find a cheap phone? :)

Sean-Ryan McCray

Registered
Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this post. I've been down here for almost a week now and I'm finding that my iPhone won't suffice - for many many reasons. So, I'm looking to get a cheap phone in the meantime, that way I can just buy the chip/minutes accordingly.

Does anyone have an old phone lying around they'd be willing to sell me? Or does anyone know of a good website or place to find one? Craigslist has been a bust and mercadolibre is a bit convoluted. I was hoping to get this done person to person, as it's such a minor cost.

Thanks for your advice!

Sean-Ryan McCray

Try Mercado libre again - try typing in a specific manufacturer or phone model - you should be able a cheap used phone. I got mine off MercadoLibre. Alternately, try one of the small independent cell phone shops, they often have used phones.

Good luck.

RR

i had to buy a new phone about 2 months ago. i found one for 160 pesos, which was the cheapest i could find at the moment. it was a tiny shop in one of those mini-malls (galerias). it was a basic samsung phone.

here is the address:
Corrientes 846 Local 4

The Subte is a good place....just reach into someones purse or pocket and you'll be all set!

Hi there - We're leaving in a couple of weeks and I have a fairly bog standard Nokia I'd happily sell you, though I'll need it until the 17th. Let me know if you're interested. Cheers

Back