anyone know the average rate for therapy here?

aymaeda

Registered
hola,

i am a psychotherapist from seattle and am thinking about opening up a practice here. does anyone have any knowledge about the going rate for therapy in BA? any information that you may have, either firsthand or otherwise, about the world of psychotherapy in BA would be much appreciated! what i do know is that BA is known to be a very "therapized" city and there are many of us floating around...

muchas gracias,

angela

I`m pschoanalyst and my current rate is about Arg $50 or so according patients` economic status

thank you, gusgutier. are you working with locals or ex-pats? and if you don't mind my asking, did you get all of your credentials here in BA? i'm not sure what it would take for me to get started here.

I`m local with degree in UBA. Iwork with argentine people. I don´t know if your credntials can be validated here. I think this issue can be researched in the Ministry of foreign affairs, i f you want it. It is no an easy business to begin private practice in BA (to much competition), so perhaps your easiest road wold be English speaking patients (just an opinion).
Gustavo

The therapists I've had contact with charge around 100 pesos an hour.

i've known therapist to charge anywhere from $40-$120. i think that $100 is most common.

The average theraphist charges 100 pesos per hour and they do very well here due to the incredible acceptance of this field in Buenos Aires.

aymaeda said:
hola,

i am a psychotherapist from seattle and am thinking about opening up a practice here. does anyone have any knowledge about the going rate for therapy in BA? any information that you may have, either firsthand or otherwise, about the world of psychotherapy in BA would be much appreciated! what i do know is that BA is known to be a very "therapized" city and there are many of us floating around...

muchas gracias,

angela

It's between USD 60 and USD 130

aymaeda said:
hola,

muchas gracias,

angela

I mean this is the average, thou there are more costly too.

Back