Anyone married to an Argentine citizen?

BellaLuna

Registered
Hi,

I have a few questions about permanent residency through family reunification. Please, let me know if this is the right place to ask. Thank you.

Marriage to a native Argentine citizen qualifies you for permanent residency, and also citizenship if you're interested in applying.

Hi,

I have a few questions about permanent residency through family reunification. Please, let me know if this is the right place to ask. Thank you.
You can apply at the consulate in your country or in Argentina. Consulate I feel will get you your visa faster (took me about 2-4 days), but you will pay over USD 400 for the visa. Apparently people have had issues getting their DNI through this route, but I don't know about that. Applying in country is cheaper but takes longer.

I don’t recommend it that much!! 😊

If you did, apply at the consulate. You get it in a week as a sticker on your passport. When you come to BsAs you apply for your DNI at the Ave Atlantida and get it in a week or two. These are second hand experiences I witnessed. Even if you don’t get the DNI you’re still a perm resident with the sticker in your passport. You’re in the system even if the sticker expires. But DNI is a lot more convenient day to day living.

Back