Apartment Advice

Travellinman

Registered
Hi,
As part of a year of traveling, myself and my partner are planning a 3 month stay in Buenos Aries from beginning of August 2009 to end of October 2009 to explore our passions of music, tango, and art. We are looking for an apartment to rent and are just starting the process of finding out costs, areas etc. We would appreciate advice on reasonable areas to stay and what sort of prices we will be looking at. Something along the lines of a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment would be ideal.

All help appreciated.

Regards,

Roy.

The city is immense and you could be looking at lots of alternative places. If you want a cosmopolitan feel, close to the nightlife and buzz, I would suggest Recoleta or Barrio Norte. Not my preferred choice though.
I used to like Palermo Soho / Palermo Hollywod because of its mix of "barrio" and amenities like alternative restaurants and pubs but I think it has become a bit touristy and pricey lately.
Alternatively there are other more residential neighborhoods like Belgrano, Nunez or Colegiales where you may find a house instead of an apartment.
So keep looking and good luck.

Hi Travellinman,

I have an apartment in the downtown area. It is located round the corner from Puerto Madero. Maybe you are looking for some are more residential but the good thing of this particular area is that you are close to all the major attractions the city has to offer. The price for three months would be 700usd all taxes included. You can see it at

http://www.mybairesapartments.com/e...aires-city-centre/room-2-apartments-1188.html

Again, maybe it is not what you are looking for but I just wanted to offer it as an alternative. Thanks for watching it!

Leanuk,

The location of this apartment is perfect for me . . I am an American grad student coming down in April for at least a year and this apartment is next to Bouchard where I need to go everyday. Do you think it will be available in April? Please email me. .
[email protected] Thanks!

Here is a link to my friends apartment I take care of. It's very nice and reasonable and in Palermo. As somebody from the US who has lived here 12 years I can say Palermo is a great place to rent.

U$S 367 wk 2/br Beautiful Antique Apartment Palermo
Located in Palermo, Guemes and Armenia St., 200 meters from subway D, 5 blocks from the Plaza Italia, 1 block from the Botanical Garden and near to the best restaurants, shopping, bars, Hippodrome, golf course and gyms. Totally equipped with a living room full of comfortable sofas, 20” TV, VCR, DVD, AM/FM radio and CD payer, high ceilings, dining room with table for 4, 2 large bedrooms both with wooden floors, queen sized beds, nice furniture and balcony. 1 bathroom and 1 service bathroom. The kitchen has a marble counter top, microwave, refrigerator and freezer, stove, oven, cupboards, plates and utensils. Linens included. Utilities include light, gas, cable, high speed Internet (you can bring your laptop) and telephone. Weekly maid service included.
For more photos please click this link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/guemes4100/DTOGUEMES?authkey=hj4e1pSXv-4
U$S 1100 Per month, U$S 367 Per week. Security deposit is two weeks rent for one month, one week rent for one week, more than one month 2 weeks rent, not to exceed 800.00. Returnable when you check out. Advance reservation deposit of 20%. Payments in cash or Paypal.

You can reach me at [email protected]

I just bought an apartment here in Bs As and can recommend several good, honest real estate agents.

Back