Apartment for rent?

MizzMarr

Registered
Hi folks. My partner and I just had a rude awakening that our current landlord in our apartment is selling and we're going to be unable to renew our contract or extend the lease in any way. We may be able to get out of the contract early (ends in June), so have started looking for apartments.

We have furniture and lots of plants now so would prefer something that we could rent unfurnished, but the problem is that we're only planning on staying in BA for another year max and don't want to have to sign a two-year contract (we will if absolutely necessary but are much less willing to pay the extortion fees to another real estate agency).

Basically I'm hoping that someone here might have or know of a 1bd (min 50m2) apartment (furnished or unfurnished, we're willing to sell our stuff off, pref with a balcon or terraza) for rent by owner? We're looking to pay around 2400/mo. (that's pesos) give or take. I've got my feelers out to everywhere I know of, but haven't tried here yet. I sincerely appreciate any leads. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a standard 2-year contract have a 1-year break clause in it? If so, I can't see why you shouldn't sign up for two years in the normal way.

It does. We're ok with signing another contract (it would mean losing a month's rent, though) but the most important part is we are looking for find something realtor-free. Sincerely appreciate any leads!

Back