Apartment rental

maryf

Registered
My husband and I will be in BA for five days in March prior to a cruise, and returning to BA in April, at which time we would like to rent an apartment for a month. We think we might like to be in Palermo Viejo, but we know there are other wonderful parts of BA also. Thinking up to $1800USD.Any suggestions about finding a comfortable apt. in a good location?

Hi maryf,1800 US$ is to much !!! You can get it much cheaper (depending on what you want). Maybe I can check out something through a very good friend which has some apartments in Palermo for rent (private rent without any agency costs and without any provisions).
Tell me what kind of apartment would you like to have ?? How many rooms (2, 3, 4, ...) ?? With/without swimming pool ?? With/without terrace ?? With/Without Cleaning Service each week ??bye schef4711

I just went and looked at the livinginbaires website and , having just gone through the process of renting an apartment for my own stay in Buenos Aires, I notice that his prices are through the roof! I believe that you will find better apartments for the money at many other rental agencies. I would suggest that you start by looking in the buenos aires section of craigslist.org. I have seen apartments that seem more competively priced there. You can either rent through an agency, or deal with any of the individual owners who post on craigslist (the agencies seem to take a 20% commission).
For comparision, I am paying $750/month for a 1br loft apartment in San Telmo, all bills paid, with AC, cable TV , and internet. Granted, the previous poster's apartment is nicer, but I am not sure that it is more than twice as nice.
Ken

@danc1700 U$S per month is very overpriced !!!! Surely Las Cañitas is a high price zone but I am living also here but rent it from the owner directly. So I pay a low price in peso and pay my bills on my part. So in total for a apartment (arround 35 m²) it is arround 400 US$ only !!!I know that the same apartment on same location will be rent over agencies for tourists will be around 650 to 700 US$ but nothing more.
@ken you are right but SanTelmo is a lower price zone. You can't compare it with Palermo or Las Cañitas which are high price zones.

I know a very big apartment in Palermo for 4 persons or more which is situated inside of a block (without the traffic noise) for 1300 to 1400 US$ (depending on the time of staying) per month. But also smaller apartments for 2 persons in Palermo will be mostly rent for 600 to 800 US$ per month.

bye schef4711

I've personally rented (lived in) 6 apts in BA over a 6 month period and while looking for apts to buy looked at over 100....and i found when i comes to price (rent or buy) you get exactly what you pay for. Pay less and you get less. I do not set the price my apt, the market does and I had 90% occupancy in 2007.
Best of luck

Hi you had 90% luck in 2007 - or should I say 90% stupid - mainly American - people who paid the price !!! But you had nothing more because the price will be on the market only up to that time where people will cash it. This effects were the same in South of Spain with people from UK. And now ... the price on the market is less than 10 years before. Ok, some people cashed some money .. lucky for them ... same luck for each people don't have investments in the stock market right now :)
Maybe I get less in your eyes but in real I don't get less and all without "garantia and DNI" - the only fact is that I will pay less and had more luck not to come to a stupid agency which will cash a lot of too.
The market is full with empty apartments and with new buildings - take a look to the Clasificador and you will see it. I have see a lot of very nice apartments with very good prices in many different zones.
Some people will like to see the polo place directly - but to pay
800 to 1000 US$ more as he can get around in the same zone ? I don't think
this is the market price. 1700 US$ for a apartment is a price that the owner + agency think this is the market price for foreigner which don't have the stupid "garantia", no DNI and are only tourists for 1 month and then they don't come back.bye schef4711

hi there,

I usually don't post on here but I would like to put my two cents in.

$1700 a month for an apt here is exorbitant.

I assure you - I live in Palermo Soho - I rented 3 apt's before I finally purchased and you can find an absolutely lovely apt - fully equipped, with nice amenities for half of that cost. If you want to spend $1000 per month you will get something very nice indeed!

Contact me and I can give you some numbers of agencies that I have dealt with - ZERRO HASSLE.

Hope this isnt off topic. i was in las canitas yesterday and saw 2 apts for sale in the real estate window. just 5 sq meteres smaller than mine and for the exact price i ended up paying, one was in back versus mine which is streetside and one had 2 balconies. one said it was totatlly renovated. i know its hard to know without seeing them, but this really shocked me.
I bought in San Cristobal, not at all an upscale area, in fact the poverty and garbage, graffiti etc is depressing. So i left las canitas thinking, yeh, i could have bought a smaller apt, but paid the same price to live in an area that is much much nicer to live in and is a solid secure investment, an area where the prices can only go up.
i picked up the free real estate magazine and found an apt. larger than mine, sounding very similar, 3 blocks from mine and the asking price is 5K less than i paid.
is is possible that i paid more than an apt. in las canitas. how is that possible. what would you be feeling if you were me.

"JG" said:
Hope this isnt off topic. i was in las canitas yesterday and saw 2 apts for sale in the real estate window. just 5 sq meteres smaller than mine and for the exact price i ended up paying, one was in back versus mine which is streetside and one had 2 balconies. one said it was totatlly renovated. i know its hard to know without seeing them, but this really shocked me.
I bought in San Cristobal, not at all an upscale area, in fact the poverty and garbage, graffiti etc is depressing. So i left las canitas thinking, yeh, i could have bought a smaller apt, but paid the same price to live in an area that is much much nicer to live in and is a solid secure investment, an area where the prices can only go up.
i picked up the free real estate magazine and found an apt. larger than mine, sounding very similar, 3 blocks from mine and the asking price is 5K less than i paid.
is is possible that i paid more than an apt. in las canitas. how is that possible. what would you be feeling if you were me.
I call that RE bubble and related effects...

Back