Applying For Permanent Residency

KevinJH

Registered
I have gone to the Mirgration website ... but I have a few questions??

Background Criminal Check -

1) I am filling out the form for an FBI Criminal Background Check (Identitity Request) in the USA which requires my fingers prints. Do I need to have a second original copy of finger prints to submitt here in Argentina along with my form? Do I need to have the FBI Criminal Background Apostille for Argentina (or is that only for State documents and NOT Federal documents)??

2) Do I need to have a Crimnal background check in the my home State (Wisconsin) through the Department of Justice? Or is the Federal FBI Crimininal check sufficient?

3) Will they take my finger prints here in Argentina as well for the Argentina criminal background check?

Any other suggestions??

There is a thread on this forum with exactly what you need and the most clear instructions included. Seriously, quick search and it is all there in black and white.

1. Your fingerprints will be electronically scanned for your Argentine antecedents penales when you go for the report. I suggest the location at 115 Piedras. Reserve your turno on line. Yes, the FBI report must have the Apostille (or certification) from the US. Search FBI Report/apostille in the fourm for exact information...and/or go to the FBI website.

2. The FBI report is all you need. No state report is required.

3. If you are in Argentina you will have to have your fingerprints taken (in ink) to send to the FBI. You can download the form on line. Some comiserias will take your fingerprints while others might turn you away. There is one office you can go to complete th fingerprint form. Use the search feature here to find the location.

Back