Applying For The Cbc- High School Diploma Or Transcript?

MnParaPalermo

Registered
Hi there expats,

I am applying for the CBC right now and I'm trying to figure out what documents are required for the registration. I looked at the website and this was what I found:
[background=rgb(235, 235, 237)]
Documentación de estudios secundarios:[/background]

• Una fotocopia del título o certificado analítico de estudios secundarios legalizado por la Dirección de Títulos y Planes de la UBA (Uriburu 950, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires).[/background]​

• Si terminaste los estudios secundarios, pero todavía no tenés el título o el certificado analítico:
Constancia de Certificado de Estudios Secundarios en trámite, que acredite que no adeudás materias.[/background]​

• Si terminaste los estudios secundarios en el exterior debes presentar indefectiblemente el Titulo Convalidado por el Ministerio de Educación de la República Argentina (Montevideo 950, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires) La constancia de inicio de trámite no acredita la Convalidación ni habilita a iniciar estudios superiores.[/background]​

It looks like I need a photocopy of my diploma or certified analysis of my secondary studies (aka high school transcript which I take to Uriburu) Is this correct?

The second point explains if I finished my studies but I am without either of the two, I must give a high school certificate the says I don't owe anything. What does this mean?

Just found it in english: this is what is needed

http://www.uba.ar/ingles/studying/requirements.php

The second point means that you need to submit a certification stating that your diploma or analytic certificate are being processed and that you completed high school and don't have any pending final exams that you still need to take.

^^^Thanks, that actually is what I will have to do in my situation. For the CBC, I was reading about another form: the CBC XXI. This is an online version and, from what I have read, does not require a validated document. To be sure though, I emailed my high school dean and explained the process to her. I should recieve the required materials within the week. *fingers crossed*

Some international CBC info:
http://www.reddit.com/r/argentina/comments/2f2de4/i_need_an_international_student_non_studyabroad/

Once I have more information, I will go to either the Facultad or CBC sites with my girlfriend (portena) and speak with some informed employees/professors

Hi MnParaPalermo,

You seem very proactive and excited about studying at UBA. However, I have some bad news for you. In the reddit link you posted, there is a link to the following:

http://portales.educacion.gov.ar/vnt/nivel-secundario/

However, if you read the title carefully, it says "... de países con convenio." If your high school diploma is from Minnesota, then you are from a country "sin convenio." This means that the US does not have a treaty with Argentina to recognize qualifications like diplomas, professional qualifications, etc.

The appropriate link for you is:

http://portales.educacion.gov.ar/vnt/reconocimiento-de-educacion-secundaria-de-paises-sin-convenio/

The bad news lies in the second paragraph:

"Los interesados en el reconocimiento de sus estudios de nivel secundario completo deberán remitirse, en primera instancia, a las autoridades educativas de la jurisdicción donde resida para rendir las asignaturas de Formación Nacional (R.M. Nº 2202/13). Una vez aprobadas las mismas, deberán iniciar el trámite de reconocimiento en esta Dirección de acuerdo a lo establecido por la R.M. Nº 1208/05."

The key words here being "rendir las asignaturas de Formación Nacional." This means you have to take 6 exams before your highschool diploma will be covalidated. You won't be allowed to register for the CBC until this happens. If you search on the forum, there are multiple threads discussing this and what you need to do.

If you go to a CBC office, they will redirect you to Uriburu 950 PB which is the UBA office responsible for validating all documents (foreign and domestic). Uriburu will redirect you to the Ministerio de Educación who will then redirect you to the Gobierno de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires where you will be assigned to a highschool close to your house to meet with the professors who will grade your exams.

Been there and done that, though in the end I never took any of the exams.

Also, you will need both your highschool diploma and transcript. They will have to be apostillized and translated by a public translator in Argentina.

Wow. Can't say that I'm suprised; I was told it would be a difficult process. Thanks for the heads up! Do you remember what subjects the 6 exams were?

Looks like I need

1- DNI or Passport
2- High School Diploma or Record of Graduation (Translated and Copied)
3- High School Transcript (Translated and Copied)

This part has me confused

Legalizaciones que deben constar en toda la documentación escolar (deben ser realizadas en el país emisor de la misma)

• Autoridades Educativas del país.

• Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores del país (en caso que sea necesario).

• Consulado argentino o Apostilla de la Haya en el país donde fue extendida la documentación.

I need authorization or endorsement from my country?

I don't remember the subjects exactly, but it's more or less Argentine history, literature, and society. A friend of mine took them a while back and he said he learned a lot, so it's not a total waste.

The excerpt you posted basically says that the documents have to be issued by the government agency authorized to issued the document (in this case your highschool) and that they have to be apostillized. In my case, that meant getting a notarized copy of my highschool diploma/transcripts and sending that to a state office that provides the apostille (which is kind of like a notary that is valid internationally).

Back