Apt, Break-In In Recoleta...!! Again

Rich One

Registered
Burglars ransacked an Apt, in Pueyrredon 1770 Recoleta today, they tied up the tenants, however one tenant released himself and ran downstairs. To get out of the Building he broke the front Glass Door, he had no key.

The Burglars entered with a front door Key, perhaps from previous residents, this is happening more often, specially when tenants are out to work.

Caution...! if you are looking or will change apt. select one with 24 hour security...! A few hundred dollars can make a BIG Difference in your future...!

A worthwhile tip:

Without changing the lock you can change the key and the combination of the lock. Get a handy locksmith round and get him to file down one of the points in the lock and adjust your key accordingly. Get a new copy for your landlord and tell him you had some attempted break ins and adjusted the lock combination.

If you get robbed aftre this and someone enters using the new key. Go round to your landlord and dangle him off the balcony until he confesses.

Dont be shocked, this is Argentina, robberies are a way of life now a days.

Here in Cordoba, I just had my driver's side window broken and spare tire stolen on Sunday in the parking lot of Walmart (teach me to go to Walmart...I very rarely visit...the first time was in Argentina).

It was a good run... 4 1/2 years without a problem. Strangely they left the peaje money ("hidden" in ashtray). Also left my kids' car seats from the States even though the moved them. I reported to the local comisaria for insurance purposes (full coverage no deductible...learned how that works today)...as soon as I opened my mouth about doing the denuncia...they said "auxilio" the spare? Of course. I know three others who had the same issue. Better than a gun toting motochorro or home invasion. Knock on wood.

Our neighbor and old friend had her purse stolen at a cafe, and before she knew it was gone, the thieves had used her I.D. Info to get her address. They used her keys and cleared out her Palermo apartment before she arrived home. We now all know that, if we have a purse stolen, the thieves are going to act quickly, and they diversify, with some immediately withdrawing money from the bank, some taking the keys to steal everything from the apartment, some going on a spending spree with the credit cards.

A worthwhile tip:

Without changing the lock you can change the key and the combination of the lock. Get a handy locksmith round and get him to file down one of the points in the lock and adjust your key accordingly. Get a new copy for your landlord and tell him you had some attempted break ins and adjusted the lock combination.

If you get robbed aftre this and someone enters using the new key. Go round to your landlord and dangle him off the balcony until he confesses.

Great tip. But the Front Door key was used to break-in.... once inside the force the Apt. doors..

Our neighbor and old friend had her purse stolen at a cafe, and before she knew it was gone, the thieves had used her I.D. Info to get her address. They used her keys and cleared out her Palermo apartment before she arrived home. We now all know that, if we have a purse stolen, the thieves are going to act quickly, and they diversify, with some immediately withdrawing money from the bank, some taking the keys to steal everything from the apartment, some going on a spending spree with the credit cards.

Do NOT leave your purse unattended at the Milonga, at the Hair Salon (they will copy your keys while you are under the Dryer), the Library, The School Party, At a Parking Lot Where you leave your Entire set of Keys Chain and your address is in the Glove compartment...!! Or Valet Parking Service,Car Wash, Mechanic Shop, Advanced Burglars COPY your keys only... so you will never know...

How does credit card fraud even work here? Whenever someone uses a credit card it looks like they practically have to fill out a loan application to buy their liter of coke.

Here in Cordoba, I just had my driver's side window broken and spare tire stolen on Sunday in the parking lot of Walmart (teach me to go to Walmart...I very rarely visit...the first time was in Argentina).

It was a good run... 4 1/2 years without a problem. Strangely they left the peaje money ("hidden" in ashtray). Also left my kids' car seats from the States even though the moved them. I reported to the local comisaria for insurance purposes (full coverage no deductible...learned how that works today)...as soon as I opened my mouth about doing the denuncia...they said "auxilio" the spare? Of course. I know three others who had the same issue. Better than a gun toting motochorro or home invasion. Knock on wood.

Was it a Peugeot 408? We have had our spare stolen once and the window broken a second time but they didnt get the spare that time.. When making the insurance claim they said its common for that model car because the spare is a full size, not the mini spare.

Back