AR Federal budget 2022 shows the dollar at...

Redpossum

Registered

When I saw 135, I thought, "wow, they are super optimistic about driving down the Blue..."
But that's not the Blue, that's the official rate. Still, I wasn't entirely wrong; there are some wildly optimistic numbers in this budget.

Imagine putting together a national budget in the midst of all this election BS going on. Guzman was probably just throwing numbers in a report to get it out the door later the night before.

33% inflation has to be a joke if the idea is to close the exchange gap.

When I saw 135, I thought, "wow, they are super optimistic about driving down the Blue..."
But that's not the Blue, that's the official rate. Still, I wasn't entirely wrong; there are some wildly optimistic numbers in this budget.
Where does the $135 fit in? It says on google that $1USD=98.29 pesos. If inflation is 34% but salaries rose 5% how can Argentines afford to take a 29% wage cut?

Where does the $135 fit in? It says on google that $1USD=98.29 pesos. If inflation is 34% but salaries rose 5% how can Argentines afford to take a 29% wage cut?

Yes, Steve, the number you cited is the current official rate. But this is next year's budget prediction, and they are basing their calculations on an projected official rate of 135 to the dollar. This means the Blue rate will go well over 200, and the sky is the limit. We could see 250 or 275.

Imagine putting together a national budget in the midst of all this election BS going on. Guzman was probably just throwing numbers in a report to get it out the door later the night before.

33% inflation has to be a joke if the idea is to close the exchange gap.

Yes, agreed. Hence my use of the phrase "wildly optimistic".

Yes, Steve, the number you cited is the current official rate. But this is next year's budget prediction, and they are basing their calculations on an projected official rate of 135 to the dollar. This means the Blue rate will go well over 200, and the sky is the limit. We could see 250 or 275.

Yes, agreed. Hence my use of the phrase "wildly optimistic".

They'll eventually need to close the gap and I don't see the blue coming down. Wildy optimistic is correct here.

Do not forget dolar blue is without paying income tax and sells tax. If you add those taxes you have the blue rate. The goverment cannot make a budget like they are the Cali Cartel.

Back