AR income tax for expat apartment owner

michael o'gorman

Registered
How does one stay legal with income from an apartment used as a rental in BA. Anyone know the tax structure, reporting and payment details for an absentee expat property owner?

define the words...... ¨stay legal¨ ???

I dont think the Argentina tax system has such a term hahahaha

[quote name='michael o'gorman']How does one stay legal with income from an apartment used as a rental in BA. Anyone know the tax structure, reporting and payment details for an absentee expat property owner?[/quote]

Are you a resident? You can become a 'monotributo' that's how I declare my income. Are you already paying your 'bienes personales'?

I ask on behalf of another who is a non-resident and visits once or twice a year. Otherwise the apartment is rented and the person fears that upon sale he could be taxed for unreported rental income.

There's a website called Global Property Guide that includes a discussion on rental income and taxes in Argentina. I tried to bring it up but it's not working at the moment, perhaps you could try a little later. He should be fearful as I believe what he is afraid is exactly what could happen, along with interest and penalties. He should seek some professional advice in Argentina. I wouldn't bury my head in the sand and hope for the best. Perhaps someone with rental property here will post. I suspect a lot of people who purchased property over the last few years are in the same boat.

I own a condo in Buenos Aires and rented it out but I did subscribe to Monotributo (I have dual citizenship ARG/USA) with the lowest category and pay a fixed monthly quota. I issue a Factura C every month to the person renting it after he pays me. I suggest you go to AFIP and find out if you qulify to adhere to the monotributo, maybe there is a category for non residents. Ultimately, AFIP just wants your money -likewise the IRS!- so i am sure they can figure something out.

Back