Are food and drinks being adulterated to deal with the lockdowns and inflation?

NeoWonk

Registered
I bought a bottle of Gordon's Dry Gin and threw it in the freezer as is my habit of 40 years plus.

This is the first time I've had a bottle of hard liquor freeze on me. The freezing point is -25 degrees C since the alcohol content is 37.5%.

Is it possible that my Patrick freezer can get this low?

A poster on FB was recently complaining that all the butcher shops in Mardel smelled bad. Since Mardel is not nearly as hot as the Capital, I assumed she had an unusually strong sense of smell...

But I must say that I have found the quality of food in restaurants to have deteriorated in the last year - or it might just be me cooking more and finding other cooking not to my liking - hard to say...

I bought a bottle of Gordon's Dry Gin and threw it in the freezer as is my habit of 40 years plus.

This is the first time I've had a bottle of hard liquor freeze on me. The freezing point is -25 degrees C since the alcohol content is 37.5%.

Is it possible that my Patrick freezer can get this low?

A poster on FB was recently complaining that all the butcher shops in Mardel smelled bad. Since Mardel is not nearly as hot as the Capital, I assumed she had an unusually strong sense of smell...

But I must say that I have found the quality of food in restaurants to have deteriorated in the last year - or it might just be me cooking more and finding other cooking not to my liking - hard to say...
Bottle of hard liquor froze on me too the other day. Never happened before. I thought it was my freezer was way too cold but that doesn’t make sense. You might be on to something

I'm sure things are being watered down. As are the cleaning supplies. There's no way the manufacturers can stay in business with fixed prices and offer the same quality of product when the cost of all their supplies are going up. I listened to a podcast the other day with one of the manufacturers stated due to the price fixing they are having to get creative with ways to keep prices down while still keeping a presence in the AR market. The method they spoke of was decreasing the volume of products to make them affordable but I'm certain that isn't the only trick they've got.

I've noticed the laundry detergent is thin as hell. Some window cleaning stuff I bought the other day left a weird film all over the window. Ended up just cleaning it with soap and water.

Perhaps a silly question - but the liquor sold in Argentina (e.g. Tanqueray, Gordons, Absolut, Bacardi, etc.) is imported or bottled in Argentina?

Would not be surprised to see a case of Argenquality if made locally.

Perhaps a silly question - but the liquor sold in Argentina (e.g. Tanqueray, Gordons, Absolut, Bacardi, etc.) is imported or bottled in Argentina?

Would not be surprised to see a case of Argenquality if made locally.
Imported.

I'm sure things are being watered down. As are the cleaning supplies. There's no way the manufacturers can stay in business with fixed prices and offer the same quality of product when the cost of all their supplies are going up. I listened to a podcast the other day with one of the manufacturers stated due to the price fixing they are having to get creative with ways to keep prices down while still keeping a presence in the AR market. The method they spoke of was decreasing the volume of products to make them affordable but I'm certain that isn't the only trick they've got.

I've noticed the laundry detergent is thin as hell. Some window cleaning stuff I bought the other day left a weird film all over the window. Ended up just cleaning it with soap and water.
Sounds interesting, could you share the name of the podcast please

Imported.
Gordons Gin certainly used to be imported but the last two bottles we bought from Coto were Industria Argentina. The imported Gordons has an "Imported" flash on the front label and the UK & European addresses for Diagio on the reverse. The Industria Argentina version lost the flash and the back label included a local address. We changed bottles in the middle of a G&T session and yes, we were sad enough to spend good drinking time poring over the bottles.

And try getting any suds from the dishwashing detergent.

Back