Are only pre-pago cell phone plans available with a precaria and no DNI?

Fiscal

Registered
Moviestar refused to give me a cell plan that wasn't pre-pago for this reason. But I need a bill to show my address for migraciones.

It will help also to go to the Municipalidad or the Police Station and get a sworn Documento de Domicilio…it’s no guarantee but it definitely won’t hurt…

Moviestar refused to give me a cell plan that wasn't pre-pago for this reason. But I need a bill to show my address for migraciones.

They won't offer you anything other than a pre-paid until you have your DNI. Are you living in CABA? If so, you can go to the police station for your address and get a certificado de domicilio (not the one from the city, that takes literally months to get a turno) and use it for proof of address.

They won't offer you anything other than a pre-paid until you have your DNI. Are you living in CABA? If so, you can go to the police station for your address and get a certificado de domicilio (not the one from the city, that takes literally months to get a turno) and use it for proof of address.
This works in any provincia, in some they want even visit to check are you living there or not:)

Wondering why you would want post instead of pre paid? Are there any advantages? I find it easier and simpler to buy data packs as I got but if there's something I'm missing I'd be interested to hear.

Wondering why you would want post instead of pre paid? Are there any advantages?
He just wanted to have a utility bill with to verify his address.

As to advantages of postpaid, there are not so many, in my opinion. International roaming is one. For example, on 5Gb Claro postpaid you can use your gigabites in the USA. But since I don't travel much lately, it doesn't make any difference.

You can still buy data packages with postpaid.

It will help also to go to the Municipalidad or the Police Station and get a sworn Documento de Domicilio…it’s no guarantee but it definitely won’t hurt…
Thanks. Problem is I started the process in el interior so if I switch to CABA I have to switch migraciónes offices.

Thanks. Problem is I started the process in el interior so if I switch to CABA I have to switch migraciónes offices.

This is not about CABA. There is a procedure of address verification, that is alternative to utility bills. You go to the police station and request a certificado de domicilio (they do ask why do you need it). The next day they deliver it to your home. If they can do it, then your address is verified.

I believe you need a permanent DNI to get a mobile phone plan. In the Movistar account page, can't you download your itemized mobile usage with your name and address?

There are some advantages to being post-paid, you might get bigger data packages as well as other benefits, e.g. Flow with Personal, basic connectivity when your data allowance is used up (i.e. lower speed, rather than nothing), also mobile operators may differentiate service to pre- and post-paid users if the network is congested, etc.

I can buy 25gb packs on Claro prepago for 2300ars.

I can also buy roaming packs for when I go home. Actually much cheaper to buy Claro roaming packs then it is to buy any prepaid US phone plan.

To each his own but when I was looking there was not really any advantage to post paid and you had to deal with talking to people and having a monthly regular bill.

Good luck

Back