Are The Italians To Blame For Argentina's Demise

Joe

Registered
http://en.wikipedia....alian_Argentine

A hundred years ago Argentina was a first world nation. Around this same time Italian immigration to Argentina shifted:

In the decades pre-1900, Italian immigrants initially arrived mainly from the northern regions of Piedmont, Veneto and Lombardy; after the turn of the century however, with the rapid industrialization of the North, immigration patterns shifted to rural and overpopulated Southern Italy, especially Campania, Calabria and Sicily.

Peron himself was of Italian heritage.

When most of your immigration is coming from Calabria and Sicily can you expect to remain in the First World?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM

The migration from southern Italy was much larger in numbers, as a matter of fact Macri's father has Calabrian family roots.
The immigrants brought Italian food and also their idiosyncrasy from Sicily and Calabria,,,!! Remember the garbage in Naples...!!

I can see many Argentinians having the same reaction as Christopher Walken's character if faced with the insinuation that they might have "nigger" ancestors.

As Prince Don Fabrizio Salina said in Giuseppe di Lampedusa"s IL GATTOPARDO -

"Sicilians don't ever want to do better for the simple reason that they are perfect - their vanity is greater than their misfortune."

"Sicilians" could easily be replaced with "Argentines."

I love me some "classic" Tarantino dialogue. Specially when directed by Tony Scott. (RIP). Thanks..

immigration patterns shifted to rural and overpopulated Southern Italy, especially Campania, Calabria and Sicily.

When most of your immigration is coming from Calabria and Sicily can you expect to remain in the First World?

I think the craziest Italians live in Campania though (and not Calabria or Sicily).

Having visited Italy in the summer you can definitely see the parallels, the rudeness, arrogance, machoism.

I would say culture has a large part to play in Argentina's failure and most of their culture seems to be worse version of Italian culture.

Peron himself was of Italian heritage.

Peron's ancestry was Sardinian not Calabrian or Sicilian. He also had French and Scotish ancestry and I understand Galician.

What does that prove? Nothing!

Joe , You are such a troll.

Joe is a racist troll

Pure mischievous canting racism -

Definition of RACISM : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Having visited Italy in the summer you can definitely see the parallels, the rudeness, arrogance, machoism.

I would say culture has a large part to play in Argentina's failure and most of their culture seems to be worse version of Italian culture.

So you went to Italy in the summer and that makes you an expert on Italian culture? I say that indicates you are a bigot.

Anti-Italianism is a widespread component of culture in the USA that coincides with the period of large-scale Italian immigration beginning in the last part of the 19th century. It surfaced most recently in some of the utterances of Mitt Romney.

Just so we all know what we are dealing with here http://en.wikipedia....Anti-Italianism

The Italian migration from the 1860's to the 1960's was one of the largest emigrations from Europe and the Italian diaspora is found in Uruguay, Brazil and Venezuela as well as Argentina in South America and in North America, Australian etc. anti Italian stereotyping exists in all these places.

Does Uruguay also with a large proportion of immigrant Italians fit this description of a failed economy/society? Or Australia or Brazil?

Back