Are you able to get another extension?

turista

Registered
I have almost been in Argentina for a total of six months. I arrived on my passport for 3 months, extended at the immigration department for another 3 months. I would like to stay longer and want to know if it's possible to extend for another time period.

I have almost been in Argentina for a total of six months. I arrived on my passport for 3 months, extended at the immigration department for another 3 months. I would like to stay longer and want to know if it's possible to extend for another time period.
Only one prorroga de permanencia/extension of your original tourist permit is allowed.

An Argetnine lawyer has repeately posted in this forum that is is better to overstay and pay the (now $12.5000 peso) fine than make a "visa run" if you want to stay past the extension.

Going to Ururguay to get a new visa does not kep you "legal" in the eyes of Argentine immigration, even if they actually give you a new visa when you (try to) return.

Apparently, it still depends on the individual agent at the point of entry.

like how much of an overstay is ok? any one done this with 6months or more?
I'm going to hop to Uruguay to get some USD out of the ATM & renew visa.

like how much of an overstay is ok? any one done this with 6months or more?
I'm going to hop to Uruguay to get some USD out of the ATM & renew visa.
there's tons of people/examples on it.

It's an administrative issue, not an 'illegal' issue.
You won't go to prison or something like it, you just need to pay 12.500 pesos fine and that's it.

It's an administrative issue, not an 'illegal' issue.
You won't go to prison or something like it, you just need to pay 12.500 pesos fine and that's it.

Sorry for the bump but I'm curious about this point. You say it's not "illegal" and only an administrative issue. Is this the actual legal stance in Argentina (that it's not illegal and just a administrative fee when you leave)?

Sorry for the bump but I'm curious about this point. You say it's not "illegal" and only an administrative issue. Is this the actual legal stance in Argentina (that it's not illegal and just a administrative fee when you leave)?
yes

Back