Argentina and Chile as an expat destination.

brandwach

Registered
I am interested in both Argentina and Chile as an expat destination.
Do any of you have any Experience, Commentary, Opinions regarding life in these two beautiful countries, especially regarding issues like: culture, lifestyle, diversion, people, prices, weather, politics, stability, ease of Immigration (entering on Tourist visa, staying and getting temp and perma residency.)
thanks and best to you all!

Lucas

Registered
brandwach said:
I am interested in both Argentina and Chile as an expat destination.
Do any of you have any Experience, Commentary, Opinions regarding life in these two beautiful countries, especially regarding issues like: culture, lifestyle, diversion, people, prices, weather, politics, stability, ease of Immigration (entering on Tourist visa, staying and getting temp and perma residency.)
thanks and best to you all!
Five posts and...

1).-Argentina and Chile as an expat destination.

2).-Buenos Aires VS Santiago Chile as Expat destination.

3).-Hate North Americans?

5).-Uruguay VS Argentina, as Expat Destination

6).-Does any one have any Ebooks on Moving to Argentina that they could email me?

What are you after? or What Do You Really Need?

ElQueso

Registered
Lucas, that seems kind of a strange post. I would say it's obvious someone is looking to move to South America and trying to determine ahead of time what a good target might be.

Lucas

Registered
Well I'm suspicious at least, I think he/she is pulling our legs, I may be wrong but....

Look this post, very similar and look the nick, just pop up as a newcomer.

-two-questions

Very suspicious indeed.

EliA

Registered
I lived and worked in Chile last year and was quite miserable. During that time I had taken a quick vacation to Buenos Aires and decided to spend my final alloted 5 months here instead of there and I've never been so grateful for a last-minute ballsy decision. I loved it so much I recently came back for another long-term stint. This is not to say it's all positive; life is life no matter where you are, with ups and downs.

For me, the difference between Chile and Argentina has a lot to do with social capital; namely, Argentina has it in spades and it's pretty low on Chile's priority list. I wrote about it here.

If you want to talk more feel free to send me a PM.

brandwach

Registered
He Elia, thanks for the reply, and to the others, gee wiz take it easy, Yeah, I am interested in the southern cone, I've lived in Santiago and just spent one day (visa run) in mendoza. So, I am trying to elicite some comparisons. What exactly could my nefarious intentions really be any way?

Whatever,
To Elia, I really did find Santiago boring and kinda insular. And yeah, I think I might like BSAS.

Mano Negra

Registered
The difference between Santiago and BA is in S they close everything on New Years, in BA they open everything until you can eat or party no more. Personally I thought the Chileans were a lovely bunch of people, though maybe don't take so kindly to a direct approach (it is quite difficult to offend the Argentines as long as you use a bit of humour), but Santiago is a pretty ugly city with little going on. I've been here three months now, and its fabulous!