Argentina Columbia Game.

chancellor

Registered
Amigos (showing off the extent of my spanish), anyone is planning to go to the game?

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/southamerica/matches/round=258419/match=300180935/index.html

If yes, any suggestions for tickets, do's and don't's? I'm thinking to go myself, not to drag my wife and kids - just don't know what to expect.

Thanks.

The internationals are usually pretty safe, no barra bravas, lots of people take their families (if you were thinking of not taking the family for safety).

You can get tickets online at ticketek:

http://www.ticketek....NAFA__ELIMINAFA

Is Messi going to play? Last time I heard he was 50/50...

My kids are 7.5 and 4.5 - not sure if I feel that I have sufficient local knowledge to take them with me. Messi is 50/50 to my knowledge.

Thanks for the help on the tickets.

trennod, the site is entirely in spanish (unless I'm thickheaded and am missing the english version). I don't want to inconvenienced anyone, but if anyone from Palermo area is going and willing to purchase an extra ticket, I'd like to meet (pay for the ticket in cash) and go to the game.

Tickets went on sale for the plateas last Monday and were sold out by Wednesday morning. Tickets for populares went on sale Wednesday morning and sold out the same day. Best bet now is to look on mercado libre. I bought tickets on Wednesday morning and the site was overloaded. Took me over an hour to get through the website and complete the purchase.

Why not take the family over to Liniers to see Argentina vs England (boo...hiss!) rugby match. Should be a close game, hopefully, with England losing their best players to the Lions. We got tickets on Friday via Ticket Biz, I doubt it will sell out as it hasn't been advertised heavily. First I knew of it was when the England players popped up on photos my twitter feed outside the British Embassy.

Match is at Velez Sarsfield stadium. I'll have my Ireland-Argentina scarf on and will have a sneaky hip flask to keep away the chills.

Tickets for the Championship are (i think!) available too, the Australia home game is in La Plata which would be a great day trip, similarly Arg vs the mighty All Blacks is in Rosario on the weekend of Oct 5th. Am thinking about La Plata for the Oz game.

Food for thought, not all balls are round in Argentina !

After spending 14 years in CT, it was fun seeing names like Sacred Heard and Fairfield :)

Well, let's see if Argentina can take 'em to school.

sony_columbia_pictures.jpg

Columbia

columbia-map.jpg

Colombia

Back