Argentina gets a $500mln loan for climate change

IamWaldo

Registered
It's nice that these things happen, considering how much "pain" the government has to get money, this seems like a warm welcome.

And the first thing the government does is to go out and buy themselves a new VIP plane from the USA for $22m with a $4-5m annual operating cost and a a huge carbon emission to top it off.

By the sounds of it, it the loan will be spent on “consultant” and “agency” fees (who are probably camporá buddies of whoever is in the environment ministry) whose “work” will all need to be redone by the next administration anyway.

"This loan focuses on supporting climate planning capacity, promoting green finance and promoting the circular economy," it said in the statement.

And the first thing the government does is to go out and buy themselves a new VIP plane from the USA for $22m with a $4-5m annual operating cost and a a huge carbon emission to top it off.

By the sounds of it, it the loan will be spent on “consultant” and “agency” fees (who are probably camporá buddies of whoever is in the environment ministry) whose “work” will all need to be redone by the next administration anyway.

"This loan focuses on supporting climate planning capacity, promoting green finance and promoting the circular economy," it said in the statement.
Hence my post that a "circular economy" is what you see when flushing money down the toilet.

I always wonder how Argentina is continually able to con other countries into lending it money. Is it because they're playing west/Russia/China influence games? Do they have blackmail on someone? This is almost as good as lighting the money straight on fire.

I always wonder how Argentina is continually able to con other countries into lending it money. Is it because they're playing west/Russia/China influence games? Do they have blackmail on someone? This is almost as good as lighting the money straight on fire.
The blatant corruption here makes The Big Guy look like a sainted virgin. Almost.

Oh, hey, another loan! That's just what Argentina needs!
More foreign debt will surely improve the situation immensely.

The blatant corruption here makes The Big Guy look like a sainted virgin. Almost.
You mean the "Big Guy" who took showers (in the nude) with his daughter (according to what she wrote in her own book) when she was a virgin? :mad:

Just how saintly is that (said like Jordan Peterson)?

You mean the "Big Guy" who took showers (in the nude) with his daughter (according to what she wrote in her own book) when she was a virgin? :mad:

Just how saintly is that (said like Jordan Peterson)?

Steve, I do fully agree, but this thread is now at risk of devolving into an argument about US politics, and we really don't want to go there.

If we're going to argue, let's argue Argentine politics, ok?

If 'Truth in Advertising' rules applied they would be honest and call this a grant instead of a loan.

Back