Argentina has too many pensioners

MilHojas

Registered

The number of pension beneficiaries represents 140% of the population over 65 years of age
what???
- I guess they wanted to say that a lot of people under 65 receive pensions.

IMF always goes after pensioners first. That's not to say the problem doesn't exist, but IMF are absolutely heartless as far as seniors, which is one more reason to hate the IMF. They are the devil.

Well its VP has 2 pensions (as apparently they don’t end when someone dies) and she is still “working”.
Those pensions however are worth the equivalent of about 1.000+ annual pensions of her lowly constituents who struggle to buy enough food each month. I imagine she’s not the only one cashing in on working for the state at the expense of the people who most need it’s scarce resources. The devil wears Prada bought with taxpayers money :)

Last edited:
Well its VP has 2 pensions (as apparently they don’t end when someone dies) and she is still “working”.
Those pensions however are worth the equivalent of about 1.000+ annual pensions of her lowly constituents who struggle to buy enough food each month. I imagine she’s not the only one cashing in on working for the state at the expense of the people who most need it’s scarce resources. The devil wears Prada bought with taxpayers money :)
This has always left a bitter taste in my mouth. My father in law died semi-retired in his late 60s of COVID last year with the shitty minimum pension, still having to work part time because he couldn't afford to actually be retired. He also ended up getting vaccinated too late with the Russian vaccine because of K sycophants towards Sputnik, and it was too late, he caught COVID and died, enjoying nothing of the so called "golden years" while the Ks were first in line to be vaccinated, get multiple VIP pensions, party during lockdown (my husband couldn't have a funeral for his father either) and what is the "work" these ñoquis do? Ruining the country and people's standards of living just so they can make out like bandits. Macristas do this too, don't get me wrong, but the Ks really dial it up to 11 while pretending to give a shit about the poor.

Many retirees get minimal pensions. In December. 2021, El Cronista Comercial published these figures.

Lowest $ 29.061,
Highest $195.140;

Attachments

• jubilaciones.png
    jubilaciones.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Many retirees get minimal pensions. In December. 2021, El Cronista Comercial published these figures.

Lowest $ 29.061,
Highest $195.140;

Amazing that the multi-million peso presidential/ high ranking public servant monthly pensions from ANSES eclipse even the highest pension amounts available for regular Argentines from ANSES by such a margin. Especially when it was they who nationalized the pension system and made it impossible for many Argentines to receive what they had actually worked and saved for so as to finance the 40%+ (and growing) sector of informal workers who saved nothing... as opposed to actually addressing exploitative and precarious informal employment and all the problems it brings. But yes, for many IMF is still the enemigo... sure.

They probably mean people like Cristina, with priviledge pensions which are worth many times the equivalent of the pension of a regular retiree.

Back